Wednesday, April 6, 2016

February and March Book Review

This was a good book.  It is about a death at a elementary school charity event and it backs up to all of the events leading up to the death.  I thought it was a bit slow at first but I liked it.


The was a book that I purchased because it was on sale for $3 and I needed something to read. It follows two storylines for 5 days. A woman has an incurable disease and a man is losing custody of his foster child.  I really enjoyed the book, but was disappointed by the ending.




Another Elin Hilderbrand book. A story of 4 women spending the summer on an island and reconnecting after each dealing with their own problems.







I listened to this book because I had heard so many good things about it. Honestly my MIL gave me a hard copy of the book a while ago and I never go around to reading it. But I still wanted to read it so I decided to download it and listen. The story of a woman who rides the daily train to London and finds herself involved in the story of a missing woman.  This was a good suspenseful book that kept me guessing until the end.





This book is written by the same author as Gone Girl. If you haven't read Gone Girl or seen the movie with Ben Affleck then you should, maybe. Honestly the movie was crazy and kinda disturbing. Well this book was even worse. It is weird, twisted, dark, disturbing, and left me worried about our world wondering if these things do exist (ignorance is bliss).  I am not sure I would recommend this to just anyone because of the tough to read storyline, but at the same time it did keep me interested all the way to the end. She has another book Dark Places that is on my list, but I can't read that dark right now. Maybe in April.



After Sharp Objects I needed something light so I switched to Elin.

I just finished Summer Affair and it was pretty good.  The story of a woman involved in a big charity event and finds herself falling for the director of the charity. Not my favorite of hers but still a good easy read (listen).


I am now listening to Summerland also by Elin Hilderbrand.

These are my reads for the past two months. What have you been reading?

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity