Cooper turned 2 months old last Sunday and I took pictures but haven't slowed down long enough to upload them and write this blog. So here we go!!
Cooper you have changed so much in the past month. When I look back at your 1 month blog and pictures I am amazed at how different you look! You have filled out a lot and have become a little chunky which I love!
You are still exclusively getting breast milk however you get a bottle of breast milk once a day from your daddy (or sometimes grandparents on the weekends). You got your first bottle at 4wks and 6 days. You loved your bottle and have done great with it ever since. You get about 4 ounces. You will be starting daycare in less than 3 weeks so soon you will get a lot more bottles of mommy milk. I continue to pump and store milk when I can for you and plan to continue to do that when I go back to work.
Your sleeping habits vary. You sleep anywhere from 5-6 hours a night and then wake up for a feeding. You usually sleep for another 3 hours and nurse again. Often you do another 2-3 hour stretch before starting the day. At 7 weeks and 5 days you slept for 7 1/2 hours after attending Trey and Catherine's wedding. At 8 weeks and 4 days you slept for 9 hours at Babi and Grandaddy's house. We are still working on setting a bedtime for you and getting you a more consistent sleep schedule, but I have a feeling that won't really happen until you go to daycare and we have a regular weekday routine. You have also started rubbing your eyes and covering your face as other ways of letting us know you are tired. I love seeing you rub your eyes!
You absolutely love bath time now. We got you a bath sponge to lay on and I think it is much more comfortable for you. You just smile and kick your legs and arms while I wash you. It is one of my favorite things to do with you.
Between 5 and 6 weeks you started to smile more and now you smile a lot. You smile the most when your daddy talks to you. Something about his voice just lights your face up. You also smile a lot when you are on your changing table. I swear you could sit there for an hour. At least this means you also don't mind having your diaper and outfit changed which is good!
At 5wks 5days we were visiting your Babi and Grandaddy and you decided to roll from tummy to back twice. We all missed the first time, but we all got to see the second time. Your daddy wasn't with us so he hasn't seen you do it yet. You haven't done it since then, but we don't work with you as much as we should. You just aren't a fan of tummy time. I figure you will get lots of that at daycare : )
At 6 weeks you started to love sitting in your bouncer. It has two birds hanging from the mobile and you just LOVE to look at them. You even figured out that if you kick your legs it makes the bouncer move and the birds swing. You love to laugh and coo at your birdies!
At 6wks and 3 days we gave you a pacifier for the first time. At first the plan was to only give it to you when we were out and I couldn't nurse you on demand, however after about a week we shifted to using it more. Now you use it quite a bit but you are also content without it.
That day is also the day that Mimi and Grandpa came over to watch you with Daddy. I went out for a girls' night with some friends. You had a great time hanging out with them and slept more than 6 hours that night!
On August 14th (5wks and 6days) you were baptized at St. John's Church with your cousin MacKenzie. It was a wonderful day with lots of family.
In this past month you have also started to "talk" a lot. You talk to the most to your birdies. I think you are trying to convince them to come closer. You also like to talk on your changing table or when you are playing with your daddy. After you sneeze you always make this sound like you are saying "Ewww" and it makes us laugh. You also do a sound like a sigh or "ahhhh."
I really need to catch these things on video because they are so sweet. You are changing so much everyday. I can't believe how fast time is going by. I love to see you change and grow, but it also makes me really sad.
Cooper, we love you so much and can't imagine our lives without you. You melt our heart and light up our faces. You bring a smile to everyone you meet and we just can't get enough of you. We can't wait to see what this next month holds for you!
Love, Mommy and Daddy
P.S.- I don't have any pictures of me when I was little on my computer but this picture definitely looks like our family. Mostly from the nose down. I still think he has Kyle's eyes, but now that his face has filled out he is looking for like a Johnson! I just love that sweet face!




No comments:
Post a Comment