Friday, May 11, 2012

10 months old!

I feel like I just did his 9 month post and here I am doing his 10 month post (a week late)

Man taking these pictures is more and more challenging each month but I love taking them!


Stats:

Weights:19 lbs and 1 oz
Height: I tried to measure you but had no luck getting an accurate length
Everyone thinks you have gotten taller and I agree you look a lot taller to me


Size 3 diapers

12 month clothes

Probably size 2 or 3 shoes.  Not sure : )


You still only get breast milk. 

I am ready to be done breastfeeding, but I am so close to making it to my goal that I will keep pushing through.  Only 2 months left!

You nurse in the morning and once at night before bed.  You receive 3 bottles at day-care of 3-4 oz each.


Right after you turned 9 months we decided to start table food at day-care.  After one day of table food you decided that was all you wanted.  You have refused baby food ever since.  We love that you had such an easy transition to table food.

I must admit that it is more challenging for us now that you are on table food.  We want you to eat healthy well balanced meals which is hard because we don't always eat that way.  We also try to avoid feeding you too many processed foods. 

Luckily you seem to love everything and are doing wonderful on table foods!

Your favorite foods are meats, carrots, grapes, mandarin oranges, cheese.  You don't love pineapples or pears. You still aren't a huge fan of green beans.  You also love fruit bars (nutrigrain bars).  Overall I would say your favorite food is meat.  When we put a variety of food on your tray you always go for the meat first.

You do amazing with a sippy cup!  I have heard so many stories of kids having a hard transition to sippy cup and picky about what type of sippy cup (same story with pacifiers).  You take whatever we type of cup we give to you and you do great!  You were the same way with pacifiers as well!


This month you have shown signs of attachment issues.  When tired you are tired you prefer momma and will reach for me and fuss.  Sometimes when I leave you at day-care you cry for me as I leave. 

Overall you are still good about letting anyone hold you and love to smile at everyone!

This month we realized that you say 'more' which sounds like "mo mo."  Initially we thought you were saying momma but realized that when eating it sounds differently and you are asking for more food.

You also say "ni ni ni" and shake your head or fuss which we have translated to 'no'.


Last month you mastered the army crawl and this month you mastered the real crawl.  You crawl all over the house and are so fast.  You love to crawl down the hallways between the living room to our bedroom or to the front door. 

Now that you crawl it is fun to have you follow us room to room.  Or crawl to us when you want us.  However we also had to baby proof the house as much as we could and we really have to watch what you get into.  You love to mess with the DVD/VCR combo and the blinds.

 

Along with crawling you have mastered pulling up on EVERYTHING!  You love to pull up on our legs and give us the sweetest smile or saddest face while begging us to pick you up.

Your favorite thing to do is pull up on the coffee table and clear it of anything you can see.  We are constantly grabbing our drinks and food at the last second before you get them.  


This month was a healthy month for you which was the first in a while! You did struggle with your bedtime some this month. I think it had to do with working on more teeth and going through so much development in your motor skills. 

Your favorite toy this month is your activity table.  Now that you know how to pull up you spend a lot of time playing with that toy. 

You learned to clap this month and it is so cute!  We love saying 'yay' and clapping and then you start clapping with a big grin on your face.


Now that your are crawling you love the dogs even more.  You follow them everywhere!  They bring you toys in hopes that you will play with them. Unfortunately you love to swing the toy around but haven't learned to actually throw it.  That means the dogs sit there staring at you antsy with anticipation of the throw that never comes.  It is really funny to watch.

For about a week you were biting me along with your teachers and friends at day-care. I know it is because your gums were bothering you but we still worked at discouraging it. We tried to always give you a toy to chew on or your pacifier.
 

This month you got your first haircut from Aunt Jen Jen.  It was a very little trim and it already needs to be trimmed again.  Every time you wear a collared shirt you look like you have a mullet and it drives me insane! Your hair in the back is so thick!

My favorite trick of yours right now is playing peekaboo!  You love to play peekaboo!  You take your clothes or a blanket and cover your face and then move it with the biggest smile ever!  You are so proud of yourself.  You just smile and laugh so hard!


Cooper, this was another amazing month!  I can't believe it is only two months until your first birthday. We are already doing lots of planning for the big event.



Daddy and I love seeing you grow and change.  This age is so much fun and we see you discover new things.  It is sad and hard at times but we love experiencing all of this with you.  We wish it would slow down but we also look forward to all the fun times ahead.

We love you so much!
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity