Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Casen's First Day of Speech School


You can read all about Casen's new speech program and our journey to this point HERE

Monday evening Casen and I went to Walmart to get his school supplies. When we were checking out he saw this guy and said 'He big!' So I told him to go over there and I would take his picture. :)

Here we are with his supplies. He needed a spiral and I showed him yellow, green, blue, and purple. I thought he would choose yellow because we hear 'that yellow like bumblebee (the Transformer)' at least twice a day. But look out yellow because purple was the choice he made #hornedfroginthemaking #heneedsscholarships #orloanslikehismomma

I showed him plain folders but he saw a stack of ones with designs. I showed him cars, Texas Rangers (there were like 4 different designs...and I wanted them all), and he chose....dog dogs :) And he was adamant he needed two folders not just one. They are a little girlie, but he is 3 and loves dogs. The heart wants what the heart wants.



Oh and he got a fishing pole for the cabin since Cooper already has one and M&Ms for his treat.

The next morning I needed to get pictures but we had to do them indoor because it was still dark outside. And I considered doing them the night before but it was dark when we got home too.



See why I wanted him to get the Texas Rangers folders...This is actually a backpack Cooper got a couple of years ago for his birthday but it is in great shape and will work for this year.


I loved this picture but the moving target made it a little blurry.


That's better


I told Cooper to hug Casen in hopes to look similar to this picture but no luck.
 


Baby brother thinks he is so big


And then a picture with the furry brother


Kyle was already gone to work so I had Cooper take our picture. This is the best we got.


Or I guess if you like this better! Ha!


A quick snap before I left him at day-care. I explained his bus would pick him up in a little while (around 8:15). I also called daycare at 8 to remind them of the new routine.


So how was his first day?

M- Casen, did you have a good day at school?
C- Yeah
M- Did you like it?
C- Yeah
M- Did you ride the bus?
C- Yeah, it scared me
M- Aww, I'm sorry. Were there other friends on the bus?
C- Yeah....one friend
M- Was it a boy or girl
C- Girl. And me a boy.
M- Yes, you are a boy.

So that is all I got from him. I checked his backpack and found this stamp artwork. I was hoping there was a note from the teacher but nope. I am sure he did well and I am not worried about the bus. But I was curious if he was shy, excited, got along with the other kids, participated well, his behavior, etc.



I know his class has two pet lizards. I should have asked him about those guys.

This morning I had to explain that he didn't have speech school today so he didn't need to take his backpack and he seemed fine with that. Now we just watch him learn and get ready to hear all he has to say.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity