Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 has already proved to be busy.

January 1st Kyle was in David and Jen Funderburk's wedding. David is a close friend from high school. The wedding was so pretty and we had a great time! David and Jen live really close to us and we hang out with them as often as we have time for. We are so excited for them and look forward to have another married couple to hangout with!

On December 30th I found out that I have an eye allergy/infection. My eyes have created an allergy to my contact which has cause and infection!! Sounds great doesn't it. So I have been going the past 10 days wearing my glasses. I have a follow up appointment Monday so I hope they say that the infection is cleared up and I can wear my contacts again.

Then on January 5th I went to the doctor because I wasn't feeling well. Though I thought it was a sinus infection, I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the flu. Sure enough it was a sinus infection and I am taking more meds! I am feeling all better now!

Friday I found out that I have been summoned for jury duty in the CRIMINAL court!!!! I am so excited. It may sound silly but I have never done this before. I was summoned once before but it was in the Ellis county court and it was finals time at TCU so I got out of it. Now I actually get to go through the process and I am thrilled. I read a lot of cop/mystery novels so this is fun to me. People keep laughing at me saying that it isn't much fun, but I am interested in going through the experience. I told Kyle when they ask me questions I will say "I love murderers!" so the defendant will pick me but then I realized that the prosecutor won't like that so I can't say that. What would Jack McCoy want to hear? (Law & Order) After another 30 seconds of thinking it through I decided I will just answer the questions honestly and if they pick me then great! (Don't worry Daddy I never would have said I like murderers, I would be honest no matter what!!) Jury Duty is January 28th! Wish me luck!

Today we did a lot of housework. I went grocery shopping and ran some other errands, Kyle did a little work on the jeep. We put our dining room back together (now that the tree is gone). Lots of laundry. FINALLY pulled some dead shrubs in the front yard and trimmed the tree. It had some crazy branches so I convinced Kyle that we needed to "shape" the tree so it would turn out pretty ( not sure if it is true but the speech worked!). We decided on the bathroom pictures so now I need to go back to Hobby Lobby to finalize everything. I designed the collage on the wall for the living room and am going to put it up on Monday. I feel like it was pretty productive for a Sunday! For those of you who are asking (my momma) no I didn't do any studying. I plan to start on Tuesday : (

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity