Last was week was a fun but busy week. I got to have lunch with Amy and found out that she got a big promotion at work. Congrats Amy! I also got to visit with my friend Megan and her baby Luke. He has gotten so big since I saw him last. It was a quick visit with Megan and I feel like we had some much to talk about so we will have to get together again soon.
Then Friday and Saturday night we hung out with David, Jen and Brandon. Friday Kyle and I had our first experience at Rock Band. I tried the drums and boy that was hard even with Kyle pushing the pedal for me. Then I tried the guitar and I did better (but not great). David really gets into singing, Jen is amazing at drums, and Brandon is good a guitar. Kyle and I pretty much took turns bringing the group down with the other guitar. But as the night went on we got better and I even sang a song or two. We couldn't get Kyle to sing but we had a blast. Saturday we played various games and cooked out and had a really good time. It was a fun weekend but both nights Kyle and I were up until about 2 in the morning (which is way past our bedtime) and we weren't used to that. We admit that when it comes to bedtime we act like an old married couple.
Saturday Kyle put my picture collage up and it turned out great. It took some time and patience but Kyle did a really good job. A couple of the frames our empty but I am working on getting pictures is those. Ranger also got a haircut and Riley got her nails done (just trimmed not painted).
Sunday we had a lazy day and did stuff around the house. Including watching the Cowboy game which wasn't a great game to watch.
This Friday is my 25th birthday. The big 2-5. A quarter of a century. To be honest I don't really care about turning 25. I am not dreading it but I am also not really excited about it. I told Kyle all I wanted from him was to put up my picture collage (check) and take me to dinner. We might try to do happy hour or go to a bar after dinner with some friends. I haven't really decided. I am hoping to buy a camcorder with my birthday money and will hopefully get a book from Melisa (it's a tradition and I can read it next week at jury duty!). We will celebrate with Kyle's family on Saturday along with his grandfathers birthday.
We are trying to plan another vacation. We are having a tough time deciding where we want to go. We hate to spend the money but we really enjoy traveling. We try to take advantage of this time together. We are considering Mexico, Cruise, NYC, and Vancouver. We thought we decided on a cruise because that was cheapest, but now we can't decide.
I have been in a funk the past couple of days. I feel stressed and like I have a lot on my plate. Maybe it is my birthday, maybe it is CPA, maybe it is work, or maybe it is just life and I need to get over it.
16 sleeps until Angela and Annelise get here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment