Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Momma Is The Best


Casen has been cranky the past couple of days and I wondered if something was wrong, but he is also going through a clingy phase so I wasn't sure.  Well he has had a snotty green nose and I was a little worried he had an ear infection.  I had planned to call the doctor on Tuesday but forgot.

Then right before I headed into 3 meetings that were back to back for 4 hours I got a phone call that Casen had to be picked up from school.  I panicked at first and then called Kyle and told him that I really needed him to get Casen.  Of course he was fine getting him but we both knew that meant he would have to take unpaid time off because of the way things work at his job and how he accrues vacation. Not that big of a deal, but still...

After that I called the doctor and got him an appointment first thing this morning and then called my mom to see if she could keep him today.  I knew she couldn't help me with picking him up from school because she had an appointment and was too far way at the time.  Of course she said yes right away and worked out the details. 

Within the 5 minutes before my meetings I had called Kyle twice, made a doctor appointment, and arranged my mom to watch him on Wednesday.

Because my mom had some things to do, but knew I go to work early she drove to our house at 9pm last night instead of coming super early in the morning.  She didn't hesitate to switch things around to help us out.

Then she kept me updated throughout the day on my sweet boy.  I think it is evident that Babi was all he needed to feel better.


Having his breakfast of waffle and milk

Waiting to see the doctor- the doctor said it is probably something viral.  No ear infection but since he still has fluid in one ear we are calling to get him and ENT appointment for a consult on tubes.  I hate to do it, but am just ready for him to feel better instead of constantly wondering. 


Play time

This sweet smile was after a refreshing 3 hour nap.


Now my mom is headed to pick my sister's girls up from day-care so she can watch them while they are out of town.  And my older sister and her family are staying with my mom. And my dad had shoulder surgery on Monday so he is still recuperating.  My mom has a lot on her plate but she still made it all work.  And luckily she is a teacher and able to help us out right now while she is out of school.

Thank you Daddy for sharing your nurse with us.  It looks like Casen enjoyed his Babi time.

Thank you Momma for taking care of my boy!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity