Friday, December 2, 2016

Thanksgiving week recap


I took Monday and Tuesday off the week of Thanksgiving. I had to work Wednesday because of a deadline.

Sweet Tinsley spent the night with us and woke up with a smile on her face.


And Casen and I had to catch a cricket that got in the house. Anyone else being invaded by crickets!?!? YUCK!!!



Yes, he is wearing one glove for the capture


Monday I stayed home and did things around the house (lots of blogging, laundry and DVR). Melisa swung by for a bit and I convinced her to do a workout with me. Ranger looks how we felt afterwards.


Monday evening we had fun playing trains


And I am not sure what he was doing but he is still cute.


Tuesday I ran errands, more blogging, and even went for a run.

He is such a mess!!


We've been counting down to Disney World!!


One night Casen and I did some coloring Guess which one is mine? Ha!




Then when a commercial came on Cooper suddenly hopped up and said 'TV Commercial Workout' and did running in place, jumping jacks, and more. I have a video where Casen joined in and it was adorable.


Casen wanted pictures with his colorings.






This boy and his cheesy smile actually reminds me of Cooper a lot!


Thursday morning I asked Casen to take a picture of me and this is what I got. There were about 15 pictures and almost all of them were blurry.


But he did get this one.


And then Kyle got this one for me. Jen made this cute shirt and I wanted to show it off! It says 'Gobble til you wobble'


Packed up and headed to Thanksgiving with the Clines


After I sent my selfie to family I got the Tobola selfie


And from my parents. The Minears were camping so no selfie


We had a great time and delicious food at Thanksgiving. I tried a crockpot mac and cheese recipe that got overcooked, but I will try again. We always have fun playing games and catching up.




The boys love playing with Ryan and Tiffany's old toys.


Kyle and I didn't make plans to go Black Friday shopping but like every year we start wishing we were going. Friday morning I woke up at 5 and couldn't sleep so I headed to Walmart and found the big toy Cooper asked for this year that was a Black Friday deal but couldn't get online. Yay!! And then I proceeded to spend a whole lot more but most of it was Christmas.


When I got home I cleaned out the playroom which meant Casen fell in love with each thing I planned to get rid of.


And also cleaned out the hall closet! Don't worry this was before I had put everything back in.


And then I tried on lots of boots as I was getting ready for family Christmas pictures. I will share those in a few weeks, but man I am very happy with them.


Friday night Casen and Tinsley went to my mom's and Cooper went to Melisa's. So Kyle and I had a date night with Mexican food, Barnes and Noble, and Starbucks. Not a typical date night for us but it was fun

And Melisa sent me these funny things Cooper said.



Saturday we had Thanksgiving at Granny and Papa's. And this is the only picture I have.  Have I mentioned that Casen is obsessed with 'baby Tracen?' In fact when I told him Tinsley was going to spend the night with us earlier in the week he said 'And Baby Tracen?'


Saturday afternoon Kyle took Cooper on his first hunt of the season and they had to checkout the cows first.


Nothing got close enough to shoot but they did see a small buck and some doe so that is better than the cows Casen got to see. Or maybe not? Maybe cows were perfect for Casen.


Sunday Cooper went to church with me and he was so good. He threw a fit about going because he wanted to stay home with Casen and play. Because Kyle isn't Catholic there are some Sundays when I leave both boys at home with Kyle or just take one to church. Church by myself with them can be exhausting which really just means I need to work on teaching them how to behave in church. Unfortunately this has led to me doing what is easiest instead of what is best and Cooper would prefer to stay home in his pjs.

But this week I told Cooper it was just going to be me and him at mass. During the mass he was very attentive. He said the prayers and tried to sing some of the songs. Afterward he told me he loved church! I had tears in my eyes several times during mass and am thankful he enjoyed it.




Later I went grocery shopping and found this goodness. I couldn't resist and took some to work on Monday to share. Otherwise I would eat them all.



Sunday evening my mom came to stay with the boys so Kyle and I could go to the Mavericks game. When I asked Kyle to go he said 'I don't care about the Mavs, but I'll watch anything in a suite!'



They had nachos, tostadas, and chicken strips that weren't very good.  But when they brought these warm fresh pretzels we couldn't resist. We tried one regular and one cinnamon and sugar (picture taken at end of night and we really didn't want to leave them to waste but we did). OMG they were so dang good!!

Then the dessert cart came around and it was ridiculous. Bags of candy, 4 or 5 cakes, ice cream, cookies, brownies and more.

We tried these two and they were yummy but way too big!








We had a fun night and agreed we could become Maverick fans if we got to watch each game in a suite. And if they won like they did for us.

It was a fun holiday weekend and we weren't ready for it to be over. Especially because I didn't get a single Christmas decoration out!! Eek!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity