I am
trying to decide when and how to tell family. I am considering a shirt for
Casen that says #middlechildprobs and just see if family notices. I am
considering telling them at Mother’s Day when I am about 11 weeks but not sure
what our plans are yet for that weekend with family. I am also not sure when to
share publicly with work and the Facebook world.
I
had a craving for a bagel and cream cheese but my meeting schedule didn’t allow
it
Then
I wanted Thai Tie or Chipotle. I got Chipotle and it didn’t really satisfy
Sour
punch straws sound delicious
April
23rd I went to my first appointment with my doctor and was getting a
sono. Kyle came along an unfortunately we waited 1.5 hours before even being
called back. Right away she asked me how far I thought I was and I said just
under 8 weeks (7 weeks 5 days was my guess) and she said okay let’s see. Sure
enough I measured 7 weeks 6 days even though by LMP method I should be 9 weeks.
Estimated due date of December 4th right now which could change or
be confirmed at next appointment. We got to hear a strong heartbeat but the
baby was just a blurry blob and didn’t get a good picture. Honestly she didn’t
try that hard either. Instead she said to come back in 3 weeks for another sono
to measure growth and confirm estimate. Then we will also get a better picture.
. Kyle did say ‘there is just one in there, right?’ And she said ‘yes, it looks
like Dianna likes to make just one at a time’. She reassured me this additional
sono was just because dates were off, not because she was worried. She congratulated
us multiple times and was on her way.
If
you know my doctor then you know she is strong, to the point, and not known for
bedside manner. While in the waiting room a few women were saying the same
things and said ‘if you want to be coddled, she isn’t your doctor.’ And I
completely agree. What is funny is that I think of myself as someone who wants
to be coddled, but here I am 14 years as her patient and have never changed.
Mostly because I am too lazy to shop around. Prior to babies I saw her once a
year so who cares about bedside manner. And with Cooper she was amazing with my
tough delivery calling from home and checking on me in the hospital. She was
actively watching my vitals and was trying to determine appropriate next steps.
Kyle has a dry sense of humor and appreciates the straight to the point side of
her. So we will be sticking with her.
Now
that we live in Midlothian, if I am at home and go in labor I have to drive to
Fort Worth which stinks. That also means it is the night or weekend and traffic
is lighter then. But if I go into labor
at work it is 10 minutes down the road from me and 20 from Kyle. The
convenience to work is really nice for appointments that are always during the
work day.
I go
back May 14th to check on our little bean. Kyle probably won’t go
this time because he is really trying to save his time off which he accrues
each month.
Next
step is to decide when and how to tell family. We also haven’t told the boys
yet.
Apr
24th
How
Far Along: 8 Weeks
Size of baby: Raspberry (.5 inch)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 lb because I eat all of the time to try to avoid being nauseous
Maternity Clothes: not yet
Gender: My guess over the last week was boy because I was nauseous and having similar cravings to my last two pregnancies
Movement: not yet
Sleep: Still not sleeping well. I toss and turn all night and pee once a night. This may sound crazy but I think I am scared I will pee the bed. Ha! Or maybe I am just thinking well I am awake so I might as well go now instead of in an hour.
What I miss: My v8 Energy drinks. I miss them sooo bad. I should have said that last week too. I am soooo tired in the mornings and really need a boost. I could have one each day but it just makes me nervous.
Cravings: Chipotle, sour punch straws, potbelly sandwich with hot peppers (grilled chicken not lunch meat), Mi Cocina salad, a good burger and fries (which I haven’t gotten yet)
Symptoms: Fatigue and nausea. I took a nap in my car at lunch twice last week. And I am late to work every day because I am tired (not sleeping well). The nausea has been manageable with constant eating or gum chewing. My doctor did prescribe me Zofran if I need it since I was sick with both boys.
Best Moment this week: The sono confirming we are pregnant with a developing baby blob that has a good heartbeat J
Hardest Moment this week: I really wanted a better pic to share after we announce but that’s okay.
I can't wait: To share the news with family




No comments:
Post a Comment