Friday we went to the XTO Christmas party and had a good time. Kyle doesn't really like going to the party because he has to wear a suit and tie and make polite conversation with people. He often goes and grumbles the whole time. But luckily I don't give him a choice and he eventually gives in.
I loved dressing up and I have a couple of coworkers that Kyle gets along with pretty well so that makes it easier. The food was really good this year. And Kyle really like the chocolate peanut butter dessert. Kyle had a little too much to drink but no big deal because we don't do this often. I also didn't mind too bad because I got him to dance with me once and I only had to ask twice. I love dancing with Kyle but unfortunately he usually has to be tipsy to get out there so we don't dance often. We didn't stay for casino night but hopefully next year. I appreciate Kyle going with me because it is something I always look forward to.
Saturday we slept in and got Whataburger taquitos on the way to Allen. We went to the Coach store which was crazy crowded but totally worth it. I got a cute purse 70% off. We also went to the Polo store and got Kyle a new polo and got Melisa and Susan Christmas gifts. We were only there for about 2 hours but it was a nice outing. I am lucky that Kyle enjoys shopping and can actually be pretty patient while I shop (which is surprising because he isn't known for his patience). We enjoyed spending the time together (once again great husband!). Saturday night we went to dinner together and relaxed at home.
Sunday we did chores around the house and grocery shopped. It was a low key day but the plan was to put the Christmas tree. Unfortunately I don't really like putting up the Christmas tree and either does Kyle. This sounds kinda Scroogey but I have never really enjoyed putting up the tree. My mom used to have to make us help her because it isn't her favorite thing either. I put it off for as long as I could and finally told Kyle to get the stuff down to put it up. Kyle told me he didn't want to help but I finally got him to hand me the ornaments as I put them up. We actually got it up pretty quickly thought it isn't that pretty (I hate fluffing the branches so it may have some holes). Ranger, our little Christmas dog sat under the tree the entire time while Riley walked around with her tail between her legs. She is such a scaredy cat. The entire time I was putting up the tree I kept thinking one day I will have a Christmas tree closet like my mom!! So once again though Kyle didn't want to mess with the tree he helped me!
However now I have to work on getting him to decorate the outside of the house. This is our second Christmas in the house. I have always wanted a house with lights up because living in the country we didn't put lights out (except a couple of times when my mom was hosting Christmas at her house). Last year we didn't have any lights so we didn't worry about it. So day after Christmas last year I bought lights half price to put up this year. When I pulled out the lights this year Kyle looked at me like I was crazy....maybe next year.
I also couldn't get him to put up the wreath on the door so I am hoping my dad will do it next weekend when he comes up. We need a nail or hook put in the door for it.
We had a nice weekend but now it is time to get back to the work week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment