Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Leaving CL

After more than 3 years we said goodbye to our day-care.  The boys' last week was the week of Thanksgiving.  I cried about it multiple times leading up to the big day and then it was finally here.  I purposefully didn't put mascara on until I got to work that day.
 
Here is Cooper giving his card to his favorite Ms. Jamie.  These two have had a special connection since day 1.  Cooper first started at 12 weeks old.  Ms. Jamie would go hold him during her breaks and any chance she could get.  She would often be late getting back to her classroom because she didn't want to leave him.  His teachers would get on to her for waking him up to snuggle.
 
 
She gave him the nickname 'mini coop' and even made embroidered the name on a cute American flag lovie for him.  Then when Casen was born she had two boys to love.  She would help hold Casen in the mornings while I tended to Cooper.  She made drop-off easier with two.
 
 
 
We think the world of her and hate leaving her.  We definitely plan to keep in touch and get together soon.
 

 
Here is Ms. Joyce.  She was Cooper's infant teacher and Casen's infant teacher.  She is amazing!  I always knew my babies were in great hands with her.  I remember feeling so peaceful about leaving Casen for the first time because I knew how great she was with Cooper. 
 
She was the drop-off teacher for the younger kids.  So even when they were older she made sure to take care of each of their needs.  Casen insisted on sitting in the high chair each morning and she would have a cup of milk ready for him. I loved that she watched my boys until they were about a year and a half each morning until they went to their classrooms.
 
Silly Casen and moody Cooper. I told him it was his last day of school and he thought he was going home with me.  A little misunderstanding.
 
And the awesome Ms. Christina!  Like the others she was so great with my boys.  She was in the infant room with both boys but then was in the older room for Casen also.  She was sweet, but tough which was perfect for my boys.  She was the only teacher that could make Kyle talk regularly.  And anyone who knows Kyle knows that he is a tough nut to crack.  She was great about making sure Kyle relayed messages to me or knew what was going on.  Christina and Joyce always enjoyed giving Kyle a hard time about hunting, camo, deer jerky, or how quickly he would try to get in and out of day-care with Cooper as an infant.
 


 
These teachers are what made CL the perfect place for us.  They love my boys like their own and were so amazing.  So often I struggle with finding the balance as a working mom.  Sometimes I wish I was a stay at home mom and other times I know that I wouldn't last as a stay at home mom. These special women made my struggle easier.  I knew my boys were loved and cared for.  I created friendships with each of them.  Thank goodness for Facebook so hopefully we can keep up with each other.
 
I am really going to miss these ladies and I am forever indebted to them for taking such great care of my boys over the last 3 years. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have been at our daycare for almost 9 years and I am not looking forward to leaving them in May when Easton moves up to Kindergarten. All of those ladies are a part of our family!

Maria said...

Aw this made me tear up. I have heard so many horror stories about child care programs, so it would seem like you had something very special there. Wish you well at the new daycare!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity