Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Things Cooper Says

We were standing by a ditch in our new neighborhood-
Mommy, I want to go down this hill.  It is muddy down there and there is water. But I don't know because it is very steep.

On the way home from school one day my in-laws were coming to watch the boys for a bit-
C- are you going to stay at our house?
M- No, we are going to go somewhere.
C- Awww, why? We love you. We want you to stay!

He is big into reading maps and 'constructions (means instructions).  He likes to tell us which way to go or what to do.

He recently learned about Inja Turtles.  Sometimes he even jumps, kicks, runs around playing ninja turtles.  He must have learned that at school.

A month or so ago he kept saying 'yesteryear' instead of the other day.

His new teachers in room 6 worked a lot on polite responses. These are some of the things he would say-
I'm fine, thank you.
You may turn on my show now.
Thank you, I'm fine.

Today I asked him if he was ready to get up from nap and he said 'ummm kinda yes I want to get up.  Or I asked if he was thirsty and he said 'kinda yes,'  Not sure where he picked that up.

He likes to tell me things he learns at school like-
Birds eat bugs (with a very dramatic voice) But we don't eat bugs! Yuck!

We were reading a Halloween book with an owl in it and he stopped me to say 'owls are nocturnal. And bats are nocturnal, but cats are not nocturnal.'  I remember seeing on his school paper they had learned about nocturnal animals that week.

We walked into school a few weeks ago and Cooper promptly and loudly announced 'Casen pooped in the bathtub!' The teachers and other parents all got a good laugh.

One night during prayers Cooper told me that Willoughby (a classmate) wasn't his friend anymore because Willoughby screamed at him.  It made me laugh that we have already entered that stage of people not being our friends anymore.

One morning I was putting socks on Cooper and we had this conversation-
M- Ouch
C- What happened mommy?
M- I scratched my finger on your toenail
C- Well my feet are very dangerous (and it was said very matter of factly like I should have known better and been more careful)

One night Cooper was stalling before bed time-
C- Mommy, do you want to read one book or two books.
M- How about zero books because it is past your bedtime.
C- But mommy, zero means none.
M- yes, you are right.
C- No, mommy. We need to read one or two books.
(He got to read one)

And best of all he has learned the Hail Mary however he confused some of the words in the beginning. He might think it is about fruit.  And for some reason he calls it 'my Jesus prayer' when he wants to say the Hail Mary.

Hail Mary, full of grapes. Your Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among lemons and blessed is the FRUIT of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, prayer for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.


**********

Sweet Casen isn't verbal yet but he still cracks us up.  Today we visited the new day-care.  I shook the director's hand and introduced myself and then Kyle did the same.  When she turned to Casen he walked right up to her with his hand extended and shook her hand.  It was so cute. I wish I had caught it on camera.  He is definitely my outgoing one.


Okay, I guess that is enough for now.  Most of these probably aren't that funny to you all, but I want to remember them. My boys are growing up so fast and I always think I will remember these things forever, but I know that isn't true.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity