Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dirty 30 in Austin Part2

Part 1 is here.
 
Around 7 Friday night David and Jen got to Austin.  They checked into their hotel real fast and then met us downtown.  We had a list of places that were recommended to us but none of us could make up our mind.  We did try to eat at Moonshine but the wait was 1.5 hours! We all were ready to eat our right arm so that just wouldn't do.
 
So we headed to Hut's which was also recommended. It was a long walk because it was on the opposite end of downtown and it was cold, but it was worth it.
 
 
I tried to take pictures of all of the menu's so I can remember if when we want to go back.
 
I know there were selfies in the first post but get ready for a lot more selfies with my remaining posts.
 
 
We all thought the hamburgers were really good.  We ordered onion rings and they weren't that great.  We felt like the onion rings and fries both needed more flavor, or maybe just some salt.

We shared a brownie sundae but I guess I didn't get a picture.
 
Then we headed to the 'Key Bar'..I think that is the name.  We paid way too much for some fancy drink that was too strong. But it came with a popsicle! This place at a cool outdoor fire pit. We also saw a guy and girl get into a very heated argument.  We all expected the bouncer/bartender to make the guy leave, but they never did.  I think Kyle was already thinking how to handle it if this guy tried to hit the girl. It was that intense! 

 
Next we stepped into several bars including the Chuggin Monkey which wasn't our crowd.  We decided to go into Maggie Mae's and we loved it.  The crowd was actually younger than us (or some of us) but the music was great.  DJ Kenn was playing lots of rap and top 40 from my high school and college years.  I loved it! David and Jen were both surprised by how many of the songs I knew.
 
We stayed here for several hours and had quite a few drinks.  We even talked about bangs in the bathroom with a cute girl which made Jen wonder what she would look like with bangs...I wasn't a fan.
 
We really liked this place.

 
Aftewards we stopped for a drink at Coyote Ugly which was such a sad experience.  There were only about 5 other people in there and we were just disappointed.  Let's just say these girls didn't look like the ones in the movie...
 
Then we ate some street pizza that wasn't that great and stopped at another bar or two. One place Jen and I got free drinks!
 
At this point it was late so we headed up to show Jen and David our nice hotel room (thanks momma and daddy!). We may not have been in the right state of mind to take elevator selfies. 
 
We had such a fun night with a lot of great laughs.

1 comment:

Jen Funderburk said...

Haha love the pictures! We had a great time!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity