Our weekend started early thanks to some snow. This is the view of a parking garage at 9 am.
By 11 our day-care decided to close at 12 due to the weather. I left at 11:15 to try to get to them but with the slick roads it took me 2 hours to get home instead of 40 minutes.
This was the traffic map
Luckily my sister was able to pick up my boys when she got her girls. We hung out at her house until mid-afternoon when Kyle made it home.
After this little ones took a nap we headed outside to play in the snow. I didn't have heavy coats, hats, or gloves for my boys so they got to sport some of their cousins clothes. That is casen in the gray and purple fleece and cat hat!
The snow was so fluffy it wouldn't stick to make a snowman so we gave Barbie a snow dress.

Mac made a snow angel
And did a great job!
When it was time to go Cooper didn't want to leave and Aunt Lusa invited them to spend the night. We had their bags in the car because they were supposed to stay with Babi (Cooper) and Aunt Lusa (Casen) that night before the snow changed our plans.
So I let crazy Aunt Lusa have my boys and I picked up some pasta and a redbox movie as I headed home. Kyle and I watched Maze Runner and thought it was pretty good. Kyle really liked it and is looking forward to the next one. The alien/insects were weird, but overall I liked the movie.
Rub a dub dub, four kids in a tub.
Saturday Kyle and I decided to take his truck and not let the weather stop us from our plans. We headed to the mall and I found this cute top at JcPenney. I also found another top and loved it so much I got Aunt Lusa a matching one as a thank you gift.
While shopping we came across this gem and I joked that it would coordinate perfectly with the boys Easter outfits.
Then I picked this one out for my BIL Trent.
All the while the kiddos played doctor and had fun.
That evening Melisa, my parents, and I attended our church casino night fundraiser. We have been to several different casino nights over the years but this is the first one at our new church.
My mom and I at the craps table. I still have a lot to learn but I enjoyed playing.
All 4 of us were at the table so we shot a quick selfie. Dad wasn't mad he was just ducking down to make it in 'the short people shot'. He had the cutest dates there : )
Sunday morning we went to church as a family before heading to hangout with Kyle's parents. The boys were pretty good in church and the man next to us was so sweet with Casen. He even held him for a little bit. And of course the Tobola girls were there and they came to sit with us after Communion.
This ad was in our church bulletin and I am really hoping we make it. I LOVE pickles and Cooper does too (not really sure about Casen). Plus my favorite brand of pickles Best Maid is from Mansfield so I am sure they are the ones hosting it.
We had a lot of fun playing at Mimi and Grandpa's but I didn't take a single picture. Since the weather was crummy and the boys were playing with toys we even had time to play Joker (card/marble game).
Afterwards we headed to our favorite furniture/décor store to take some pictures. I am still deciding on the wall décor in my dining room. The one on the right is tan with a dark border. Love it but it matches the color scheme of dark wood and tan walls in the house. I was hoping to add a pop of color.
I thought I wanted turquoise but when I saw this I wasn't sure if I could handle it.
Then we ran to the mall to return Kyle's new shoes for a bigger size. The boys did really well.
Sunday night Cooper wanted to show me his new trick. It was supposed to be standing on one leg, but I don't think it counts when you hold on to something. Plus that is a pirate sword between his legs! Ha!
Monday I bought some hair stuff and practiced Casen's fauxhawk. How can you not love this cheesy face!
Despite the weather we had a great weekend. A special thanks to Aunt Lusa!!






























1 comment:
I am so jealous of your snow! Here in Houston, it has been freezing cold (except for today when the high is 70 and the high for tomorrow will be 40. Ugh!), but we have gotten no snow.
And if you love pickles, you need to try this soup. I know dill pickle soup sounds weird, but it is delicious!!!
http://noblepig.com/2013/03/dill-pickle-soup/
Post a Comment