Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Favorites Plus a Trendy and Cheap

Linking up with Erika for my Friday Favorites
 
 
1. My first favorite thing is a quick Trendy and Cheap find for you.  One of my favorite bloggers, Mix and Match Mama shared this top on her blog and she looks adorable in it. See here.  As soon as I saw it I thought of this top that I mentioned a while back! I have it in the bright purple and love it.  I wore it this week and a coworker kept talking about how she wanted it and I sent her the link.  It is on sale for $17 and I think there are coupons for another 10-20% off.
 
Sorry I can't share the pictures in this post.  I need to figure out how to do that when the website pic can't be saved.
 
And how cute is this shirt?
 
2. On Tuesday (a random day in the month) I decided I wanted to start an ab challenge.  I shared this picture on Facebook to get some friends to join me.  This would help with accountability. Melisa, Tiffany, Chelsey, Anna, and my mom all joined me.  Day 3 is complete and we are all still going!  We will see if we stick with it because I have started several of these and never once finished.
 
 
challenge found here
 
3. I am embarrassed to show my white legs, but on Day 2 I had a little help.  Every time I tried to do the Ankle Reach and Double Lift he would try to stick his head between my legs.  And then he decided to plop himself on my tummy repeatedly.  He is a mess.
 
 
4. Yesterday was my sweet niece Tinsley's birthday and my sister picked up donuts for the kids at school.  She surprised me with a donut too...not going to help the flat ab situation but it was delicious...and I may or may not have eaten a brownie yesterday afternoon.
 
5. Now that Tinsley is two, Casen is our only 1 year old.  In just 18 short days my baby is going to be 2! You can find my crying in the corner. My mom might be there with me.
 
6. One night this week Cooper and I watched a little Ranger baseball.  He was so cute cheering for them and saying 'we want the red team to win' or 'oh no! the blue team hit the ball!' I definitely want to try tee ball next spring.

 
7. Today at lunch I will be heading to the gym with my old ipod in hand.  I am loving listening to the old songs from high school and college.  Man I have some good, yet inappropriate rap songs. Funny story is that one time I made my older sister a mixed cd to workout to and she would listen to it at the gym.  I think she got in trouble for the inappropriate content!
 
And yesterday two of my friends were talking at lunch about how now we listen to songs from our childhood and realize what they are talking about and are shocked.  Go look up Garth Brooks 'That Summer.'  It is about a cougar situation and possibly and underage guy! Yikes!
 
What songs have you discovered were not what you thought?  What about movies?
 
 
 
That is all for today. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for posting that top. I always love the stuff Mix and Match Mama posts for clothes, but just not willing to pay that much. Your option is much more affordable!

And I agree with the movies and music. We have shown the kids some movies from when we were kids and thought, oh my gosh, why did our parents let us watch this!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity