The day before Easter we had our annual Sylvester Easter egg hunt which is my mom's side of the family. We had yummy food and then it was time for the hunt.
We had 19egg hunters (3 grandkids and 16 great grandkids)! 2 of the great grandkids weren't here and we know there is another one due at the end of 2015!
And there off!
My grandfather mowed however he decided to leave one area unmowed so it would be good to hide eggs in the clover and taller grass. Unfortunately within 2 minutes of the egg hunt starting the septic sprinkler went off on a section of the egg hunt area! We all screamed as we grabbed kids out of the way!
My boys insisted on wearing their rain boots and I obliged since it had recently rained and we weren't sure how muddy it might be.
Every year we take turns letting the kids find an egg in the alligators mouth. Casen had no problem getting his egg.
My cousin Drew. I love this picture and it reminds me how my wild, rambunctious boy cousins have turned into wonderful, loving fathers.
Grandaddy and his shadow
I can't get over Casen's face in this picture!
Sweet Marley
My Aunt Sandra had the best idea with buying confetti eggs. She had a ton of them and the kids had a blast. Mac had just broken one on Melisa.
Grandaddy helped Cooper get Daddy with a confetti egg
Oops got some in his cup!
Now that he got the hang of it baby brother was his next victim.
Poor baby brother got hit again. Somehow Cooper had about a dozen of these and hardly any candy. But that was just fine with me and him.
Mac chasing Coop! He didn't like being on the receiving end of the confetti egg.
Time to ride the train! Cooper and his fake smile!
Grant took the kids on some rides and Casen rode on the front. He loved every second!
We took the soccer ball with us and Cooper and Quinn decided to play. Cooper did so good and loved it.
Grandad's cat had recently had kittens so the boys checked them out. I had to be the brave momma and help them...I am not a cat person.
It wasn't until after Melisa left that we realized we forgot to reenact this picture! Darn it!
So 3/4 decided to do it anyway and it was rough.
This is our life! I love that all three mommas are smiling like it is no big deal as our child squirms to get away.
Cooper also joined a fun game of soccer with the big boys (Nolan and Grant). He did awesome. I just wish he would have done that this past fall. Maybe we will try again this coming fall.
My how the group has grown since 2013. And Melisa, you need to put Tinsley in the same dress as Mac and compare them because I just love those pics of Mac!











No comments:
Post a Comment