Last Tuesday was my company's annual service awards lunch. This fancy salad was too fancy for me. It had diced cucumbers, beets, onions, tomatoes, soft cheese and was just a bit weird. I did eat a little.
I shared this pic on instagram of the fake steak. It was actually beef roast but when it came out it looks like steak. We also had chicken but I gave my chicken to a friend who can't eat beef. I thought it was an okay meal. You can see the fruit tart in the background. We have had better meals than this year, but it was still free!
I saw this on Facebook and it made me laugh. This is how I feel when people say 'did you see on the news....?'
Tuesday afternoon a couple of us flew to Houston to deliver training to one of our teams. We went to Ninfa's for dinner and it was good. I wish I had been there long enough to touch base with Houston friends, but not this time.
I came back Wednesday night. Then on Thursday afternoon I went to the Ranger game for work. It was a day game and it is August so attendance was lacking. Luckily we got to sit in the all you can eat seats that are covered so no sunburn for this pale girl.
When walking around I saw the boomstick and some other specialty foods. They looked delicious despite the ridiculous size.
It was a fun week at work last week.
This Tuesday I tried a new recipe and was disappointed. Basically it was homemade hamburger helper. Don't think I will make it again.
Then later we went for a walk/ride around the neighborhood. I love these two boys so much!
Then Tuesday evening I took this picture in bed with Cooper. I know I already mentioned how sweet he is but almost daily he does something that just melts my heart. This time he came up to me hiding a book and saying 'guess which book I picked?' He turned to show me Bernstein Bears Go Green. Now honestly this isn't my favorite book but it is my favorite of the Bernstein Bear books we have and each night when he asks me which book I want to read I say that one. And almost every time he says 'No mommy. Not that one! You always pick that one!' And I respond with 'I always pick that one because you never let me read it.'
This time he was so cute and excited to pick this book. I was over the top and praised him for picking this book because it is my favorite. Then he later said 'Mommy, I love picking your favorite book.'
Then last night he came up with another surprise book and said 'Guess what I picked for you!?!?' and showed me Little Blue Truck. Now THIS is my favorite book of his! And he was so excited again to make me happy. I was just so proud of him choosing something that he knows someone else likes even if it isn't his favorite. And again he said 'Mommy, I love picking your favorite books. It makes you happy.' And I said 'Yes, it does make me happy. You are such a sweet boy!' Maybe I am doing something right with this one.
Then this morning we had to wear our purple for TCU game day! Casen was excited about taking the picture with me but he wanted to push the button which results in him being way too close. This was the best we got.
And Cooper wanted in the picture but was acting shy. He looks sad or mad but wasn't. Oh and he decided he didn't want to wear purple!! I know! What is wrong with him! #actslikehisdaddysometimes
I am excited to watch the game tonight and will switch Casen into his jersey even though it starts at his bedtime. Go frogs!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment