Casen wanted to go back and feed the animals after breakfast.
Then back to the river for a while. Seriously this is really all they wanted to do.
That afternoon we took our walking stick pictures. Each year my father-in-law adds the year to their walking stick. It starts with name, then LRR and then the year after that. Chloe was not in the mood to take her walking stick picture. Better luck next year.
But the boys did great for their picture
That evening we did smores. Chloe and I didn't last long because of the mosquitos but I got a special delivery inside.
Then the next day we headed home back to reality. The cabin trip was so special for our family. It is a great time to unwind from cell phones, ipads, and other distractions. We bond as a family and get to make special memories with Kyle's parents and grandparents. We all left feeling rejuvenated and blessed.
And we made the trip without Casen getting carsick!!! That's a big win!
A few other memories from this year-
Kyle went on a ride alone, got lost, lost the four-wheeler, and ended up finally finding the river and literally ran back to the cabin. I was napping with Chloe and had no clue this happened but at one point I thought 'I haven't heard Kyle come back' and had the weirdest feeling that he was lost. An hour later when I found out that what happened and that they went back in a group to find the four-wheeler I couldn't help but feel like it was a God thing to think that earlier. I am so thankful Kyle's guardian angel was with him that day because we are in the middle of nowhere with no cell service and there are stories of people getting lost for days.
Casen kept asking to eat peanuts in the shell but we told him he had to eat them outside on the porch. Then he kept calling them 'outside peanuts'
We played a couple rounds of joker in the cabin before bed each night and it was a lot of fun since we don't have much time for games anymore.
Over the course of the trip we saw deer, fawns, snakes, wild horses, and lots of cows (running wild)
The boys favorite activity was spending time in the river building the dam and throwing rocks.

















No comments:
Post a Comment