This past weekend was pretty relaxed and uneventful. We pretty much hung around the house. Kyle worked on the brakes for the Jeep quite a bit and I think he is making progress. I have learned that the Jeep is Kyle's outlet for stress. He cusses up a storm when working on it and at first I told him not to but I then realized it is just what he does. Jeep=cussing so beware.
My parents are in Japan visiting Angela, John and Annelise for a week which includes Thanksgiving and Annelise's first birthday. They are having a great time. My dad is having to learn to be more open to new foods (some he likes and some he doesn't) and they are enjoying seeing all the sites. It sounds like Angela is a good tour guide.
I got to get on web cam with them on Saturday night which was Sunday morning before church for them. Annelise is now walking so it was adorable to see her walk around. Though she loved to walk back and forth between my parents, she also seemed perfectly content letting them hold her (which of course they would do all day everyday if they could). You can tell that she just absolutely adores her Grandaddy and Babi.
The BEST part was when I was talking to Annelise and I said " Hi, Annelise, I miss you, I love you." She the said "I love you" to me. TWICE. It was the sweetest thing. I couldn't help but get teary eyed. Though I know she was just mimicking me it still meant the world to me. After that she gave us (Kyle came in and talked with me) kisses. Then my mom noticed that she would lean toward the monitor and specifically give Kyle kisses. I think she did it 2 or 3 times. I don't think Kyle really knew how to react to it, but we all thought it was adorable. She loves her Uncle Kyle!!
Ranger has been sick this week. We decided to take him to the vet on Monday night when he didn't seem to want to eat. They don't know exactly what is wrong with him but instead of running expensive tests we decided to give him some medicine and see if that helped. It has helped and he seems to be doing fine now.
Even though Ranger is sick Riley shows no mercy. Riley can be a bully to Ranger and Ranger just takes it. He loves to sit in the middle of the yard and just smell around. Riley will be on the other side of the yard and charge and him and just smack into his head/neck. He just looks at her and walks away. He is such a good big brother.
We finally got gutters on our house. We have been meaning to do it for almost a year now. I got estimates back in July and we even picked who we wanted to go with but we ( I mean "I" because Kyle doesn't like to call and take care of these kind of things) never got around to scheduling it. Last week I finally decided I would call and schedule for them to come out. Who would have guessed that when we got home that day Kyle saw and 10% off coupon on our door from that exact gutter company that we planned to use!! So I decided that it was a sign to call the company and have them taken care of. I hated to spend the money this time of year but the 10% off coupon made the decision a lot easier. So the gutters were installed today and they look great. I am glad I can check that off of my to-do list from nearly 6 months ago!!
One more day of work this week then it is a 4 day weekend. I wish I could say that I will enjoy my time off but my down time will be spent preparing for another exam. I am so over being a CPA.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment