Monday, October 11, 2010

What a weekend....

Friday evening we went to dinner with David and Jen at Kincaids and then just hungout at home.
Saturday we slept in, made pancakes for breakfast, and ran to the dealership to pick up Kyle's truck that needed some maintenance work done. Then Melisa met me at our house and we went to Arlington to meet my Granny, Mom, Aunt Neva, and Neva's mother-in-law Katherine at Spring Creek for lunch. Granny, my mom, Katherine, and my Aunt Gayle all have October birthdays so we have recently started a tradition of doing a girls lunch. Unfortunately Aunt Gayle wasn't able to make it. We had a very good time at lunch.

Granny, Mom, Melisa, and I headed over to Joann's craft store and Melisa and I each picked some fabric for Granny to make us tablecloths. Kyle and I love our table because it is unique in fact it is so unique I can't find a tablecloth to fit it. It is a 5 x 5 ft table.

Then Kyle met us there to pick me up and head to the Ranger playoff game. Unfortunately traffic was horrible which made it a stressful and not fun time to find parking. We finally found parking and made it to our seats about 10 minutes before the first pitch. The stadium was packed in fact it set a record for 51,746 people which was the most people ever in the stadium.



Pretty amazing huh? The atmosphere was amazing! My adrenaline was pumping so much I didn't want to leave my seat. I was so afraid I was going to miss something. But we eventually decided to get some food!



Kyle got a hot dog and beer and I got cajun fries and a drink. My cajun fries were super yummy! I should have gotten some ranch to go with them but they were still good.



Here is a pic of Kyle and I at the game before things headed south. Unfortunately we did not get to see the Rangers clench the series but hopefully they will on Tuesday with Cliff Lee on the mound.

Traffic was horrible leaving again so we have decided that in the future we will plan to tailgate after the game like other smart people instead of moving up 2-3 feet every 2 minutes for an hour. It was no fun after a loss.

Sunday Kyle and I went to church and then Melisa and I went to Cowboy Stadium to meet up with my parents and volunteer at a concession stand. Kyle went home...his excuse for not volunteering was that he "doesn't like people." Which was fine with me. We volunteered at the TCU vs Oregon State game and had a lot of fun. This time it was a little more hectic and unorganized because we didn't have enough people. The supervisor was a stickler for the rules because the health department was stopping by so when we decided to eat some nachos before the game my mom and Melisa hid in the walk-in fridge to eat them out of sight. It was hilarious because I went to find them (so I could eat some) and I didn't see them anywhere. Then I see my mom's head in the window of the fridge. We could not stop laughing and it was even funnier when a couple of minutes later my dad stops by to eat some of our chips in the fridge. I wish I had my phone to take a picture of us. We didn't last long because it wasn't that good and it was kinda cold in there.

Then we were waiting for the game to stop by and my dad spotted Babe Laufenberg the CBS 11 sports guy at the game. We said hi and he said hi back but of course he wasn't there to eat our nachos he was just passing by on his way to wherever he does his broadcast from.


We had a good time at the Stadium even though the Ranger and Cowboys both lost. We were all pretty tired by the end of the night and ready to head home and rest our feet.

I got home to a nice clean house thanks to my amazing husband. He and the team were all happy to see mommy come home.

It was a nice weekend but very busy. This coming weekend we have Kyle's brother Kevin's wedding so it should be another fun eventful weekend.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity