Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day!

Well honestly the morning sucked because I decided to get a flu shot and I was dreading it. I hate needles but I decided to suck it up this time. And yesterday was the day to do it because they were free at work. It really wasn't bad but my arm is still sore from the shot.

Then we had a nice luncheon for COPAS which is a society for oil and gas accountants.

Then I went to a meet and greet at a local elementary school. My coworker/friend Christal and I are volunteering with Junior Achievement this fall. Junior Achievement is a program where adults go teach a less for 5 weeks to school age kids regarding different "life skills." Last spring Christal and I taught 1st grade and we had a lot of fun. This year we were assigned 4th grade so that will be a big change. I am really looking forward to starting next Friday.

Then I went home and got ready to head to Ennis for CRHP. We had a follow up meeting that was really nice. It was good to see all of my CRHP sisters and catch up. I look forward to doing it again next month.

The only bad thing about the CRHP meeting is that it was at 7 which happened to be the same time the Ranger game started. Therefore I got occasional texts with updates on the score but that was it. I got to hear the last 3 innings on the radio on my way home which was good. It wasn't as good as watching it on tv or even better seeing it live but it was still awesome. And of course I had Kyle tivo it so I can watch it tonight when I have time just to see the video instead of vocal play-by-play.

I am so excited for the Rangers!! What a great way to end the day. In fact I am still on a high from it!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity