Last Wednesday I stayed home with Cooper and we were going to head to the doctor. Starting the previous Saturday he had been fussy and not sleeping well. I thought it might be teething, but my gut really said it was more. He just wasn't his usual self.
Here he is playing on his play mat before we headed to the doctor. I LOVE the camo jacket he got from my Granny.
Here we are hanging out in the waiting room. We didn't have to wait long which is always great.
Cooper loves our iphones (what kid doesn't) and always tries to grab them. We decided to have a little photo shoot for fun!
Looks like he smelled something gross!! Haha!!
Eating on his teether
Sure enough he had an ear infection and had a breathing treatment for possible RSV. We don't know if he has RSV but it was found at his day-care and they could in fact hear fluid (I think?) in his chest.
He HATED the breathing treatment. We tried the mask and the mouth piece. Luckily we didn't have to take the machine home and continue the treatments.
One weird thing is that they weighed Cooper and said he was 13lbs 8 oz with his clothes and diaper on. That caught my attention and they checked the record for his 4 month appointment at which he weight 14lbs 6oz. The idea that he had lost weight both shocked me and confused me. Despite Cooper not feeling well he always eats like a champ. There were no changes in his eating habits at home or day-care.
Honestly as soon as they said it I just knew they had to be wrong. Instead of asking them to re-weigh him I let it go and started to worry that I wasn't giving him enough milk or that my milk wasn't enough for him. They scheduled us a follow-up weight check for tomorrow.
However, I got home and weighed him on our digital scale and it said 15 even which sounds much more likely. I do think it was an error on their part, but we will double check tomorrow.
He looks like he is gagging but I think he is just acting a little dramatic. Not sure who he gets that from : )




No comments:
Post a Comment