Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Time to Catch Up!

Life has been crazy busy for me lately.

Our first Christmas with Cooper is going to be fun and exciting, but it is also more work.  One more person to buy gifts for which is the fun part!  The hard/not-so-fun part is trying to get things done when you have a 5 month old.  I don't have time to run errands after work like I used to and running errands on the weekends is a lot more challenging.  I didn't get all of my Christmas decorations up and I still haven't taken pictures of my decor to share. Plus we have been spending so much time with family which is amazing and the most important part of all of this.  I try to remind myself that the other things can wait.  It is important for us to slow down and enjoy our time with Cooper and make sure everyone else gets to enjoy him also.

Work has also been extremely busy for me.  My supervisor switched things around that impacted me starting in December.  The busiest time of each month for me is the last 10 days and that happens to also be when Christmas and New Years are!  So it is a short month to get all of my stuff done plus handle new stuff.  Then I was preparing to teach a class to people in my department about what all our group does.  I co-taught the class yesterday and am so glad that is over! And finally, a coworker announced she is retiring mid-January and it is likely that I will transition into her position.  It is a lateral move but I am still excited about the change and challenge.  However I am overwhelmed at the thought of learning all of her information in the short time we have!

I have had my Christmas cards for 3 weeks now and I am just now getting them in the mail today!  I finished them up last night and gagged when I licked the envelopes!  After the first one I thought it would be no big deal but it just got worse.  I tried to recruit Kyle but no luck.  So I resorted to a damp rag that worked, but not as well.  Seriously why can't the glue taste like chocolate.  Then I am more likely to risk my tongue getting a paper cut.

Kyle and I eat out a lot!  I won't sugar-coat it.  I keep seeing restaurants that have deals with gift cards.  Like buy $25 in gift cards and receive a $5 bonus card.  They are at places that we eat at often.  If I had the money I would buy the gift cards just to earn the free bonus cards.  We know they will get used!!  Next year I am going to save up and do this (though I should probably just commit to not eating out as much, but we all know that isn't going to happen!)

Monday night I went to dinner with some friends and Cooper stayed with Kyle.  Dinner was delicious and it was such a nice time catching up with the girls.  Plus they gave me some sweet goodies!  Kyle did great with Cooper and I really appreciate the time with friends!

My mom is coming up tonight to stay the night and then we are having a fun day with Cooper tomorrow.  I took the day off and we are going to do errands and shopping!  I am really looking forward to it.  We also plan to try to do a fun little photo shoot at home!

I am going to try to do quite a few blogs to catch up, but it will just depend.  I have a list of things I want to talk about and pictures I want to share.  I will get around to all of them eventually.

And to make everyone happy and want to read this all I will leave you with a cute pic of my sweet little boy!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity