Last Monday I got a call at 4pm that Cooper had a fever and had to be picked up from day-care. I knew he couldn't go back to school the next day without a doctor's note and I had Tuesday as a vacation day. So I called and made an appointment for Tuesday morning. When he got up that morning he told me his ear was wet. When I looked at his ear he had yellow drainage so I figured it was an ear infection. We went to the doctor and Cooper's right ear drum had ruptured. Since it was nothing contagious he could go back to school. I asked him and he pathetically said 'no because I am really sick. But then just 30 seconds later was bouncing around telling me all about the ninja turtles. I decided that as long as he was feeling okay I would drag him along for a couple of errands as I had a list of things to do on my vacation day.
First stop was Chickfila for breakfast. When we pulled up he asked if we could eat inside and if he could pick the table. Sure!
Then we went to Academy for Aunt Lusa and he said 'I NEED a fishing pole!!' I checked with one of Santa's helpers that I was pretty sure already took care of that 'need'.
Then we went to the mall and Cooper was thrilled to ride the elevator and push the buttons.
Then I saw this and asked him what he was doing to which he replied 'just being a statue' without turning around.
Next request was to try on sunglasses. Another easy request!
Time for the elevator again.
We thought these emoji pillows were funny. Especially the poop one!
Then we stopped for a cookie because he was 'soooo hungry'. I have to share a story because I want to remember. Hopefully it doesn't offend any of my readers.
When we were waiting to get Cooper's cookie the person was busy. Cooper said 'he will help us in a minute.' The person helped us and asked Cooper in a feminine voice 'are you ready for Christmas?' Cooper's jaw dropped and he said yes quietly. As we walked away Cooper said 'Is that a boy or a girl?' I said a girl because her nametag said Brianna. To be fair the person was dressed in a hoodie, short hair, and I too was wondering if it was a boy or girl. It made me laugh as I watched his process the situation.
Then we took one last trip on the escalator.
He decided to have his cookie in the car.
Unfortunately the icing made a mess and after two bites he was DONE! (but he was sooo hungry earlier!)
When we got home we made a color chart similar to school so we could work on his behavior at home.
Then it was naptime and he wanted me to lay with him.
And to cuddle.
After nap he begged to go ride the gator so we took Ranger on a walk.
And we cleaned up the playroom and some stuff to get rid of and some stuff to store.
My vacation day didn't go as planned, but it was a great day with my boy. When we were laying down for nap he said 'I like doing stuff with you, mommy.' I will enjoy that while it lasts and will treasure these memories.




















No comments:
Post a Comment