I had a couple of random days scheduled for December to do shopping for the holidays. On Tuesday the 8th I picked the boys up after nap and brought them to Fort Worth.
Our first stop was my office. I wanted to introduce the boys to my new team and also let all of my old team/friends see the boys.
Normally Cooper is the shy one until he warms up and Casen has no problem This time it was the opposite. Cooper was hyper and chatty. Casen was timid and just stared a lot. They both thought my office was so fun. Cooper said 'Mommy your office is so cool. You EVEN have scissors to cut things!!'
Cooper thought my phone was amazing and wanted to call someone. I let him call my friend, Lisa because she loves my boys and he talked on the phone with her for a solid 5 minutes. They chatted about all kinds of things and he just loved it. She loved it too!
We visited my old boss, John. He was so sweet with the boys, but I felt bad when Casen spilled M&Ms all over the floor of his office. We picked them up, but there were lots of cracked shell pieces left behind. Oh and Casen offered an M&M from the floor to John! And I have been told they have found more rogue M&Ms twice since then :)
After that we headed to Chickfila to see Ms. Jamie. She is a teacher at their old school and loves my boys so much. She and I stay in contact on Facebook and have become good friends.
We hadn't seen her since July at Cooper's birthday, but both boys instantly hugged her and were excited to see her. We had such a great visit.
After that Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle David met us there to eat dinner. We were supposed to eat at Texas Roadhouse but this was just easier for our schedules.
Wednesday I volunteered at Salvation Army with work. We sorted presents for the angel trees and had a great time. However I got quite the laugh out of the name below. Do you know what it says? Honestly I laugh but it is also sad to me that a parent chose a silly name like it is a game to come up with something crazy.
Thursday I sent these goodies to day-care for the teachers. This was from my boys and my sister's girls.
Thursday this little guy joined me at work. Cooper told me he wanted to see my office and all my friends.
I took this picture and Cooper thought it was so funny.
Friday morning before school he wanted to show me something and said 'look what puppy is doing'. I thought it was so cute that he reenacted my picture.
Saturday we took the boys to breakfast with St. Nicholas at my parents' church. The breakfast was delicious, the company was great, and the picture...it was a disaster. Casen was scared and serious. Cooper was even more scared. I had to drag him up there and beg him to sit on the stairs in front. Then he had his finger in his mouth and his angry face on. I will try to remember to take a picture so I can share it with you all. It was a stressful mommy moment.
Afterwards Kyle and I went home and put Christmas lights around our flower beds. Kyle was dreading it and I hadn't had time to do it, but I insisted we do it that day. Several time Cooper had asked me 'when are we going to have lights on our house' so I knew it had to be done. Unfortunately it was the windiest day ever and it was kind of a mess, but it got done. Since then Cooper doesn't care anything about the lights but Casen remembers every night to turn them on.
Then we tried a local taqueria for lunch for the first time and it was good. If you know us then you know we like to try little hole in the wall places. We had gorditas and tacos. The gorditas were different than we were used to but yummy. My only complains was no lettuce, tomato, or cheese.
The boys went home with my parents after the breakfast because Kyle and I had a holiday party Saturday night. We attended my friend Katherine and her husband, Jay's annual Booze for Bundles party. This was our first year to attend and had a fun time.
I got to visit with Amy a lot which is always fun. I didn't get a picture with Kat.
Sunday I got to get ready at my own pace without worrying about the boys. I took this selfie before heading to Ennis for our annual Sylvester Christmas party. I will do a separate post with those pictures.
Sunday night I put together these goodies for my team members and other coworkers. They got rave reviews.
This sweet boy wanted to play baseball in the house, but mommy didn't think that was a good idea. He is clumsy like his mommy so I pictured the bat flying across the room to the tv or at my face!
I also finished my hotdog puzzle. I stay up to 11:15 that night doing it when I should have been in bed!























No comments:
Post a Comment