Thursday, December 21, 2017

Karate/Jujitsu

When the boys were finished with soccer in November I knew I wanted them to do another activity before the spring. Originally I thought Cooper wanted to do basketball, but he said we would rather do karate.

So earlier this month we checked out a karate place. As you can see by the pictures below the boys had fun. Casen was shy at first and did great at following directions. Cooper was a bit wound up and thought he was already a black belt (I blame Lego Ninjago).



The place was nice and I like that the boys would learn self-control and respect. However, the prices were outrageous. You had to pay for 90 sessions per kid (that never expire) and I just wasn't comfortable with that. That is a lot of money to invest in something they may not like. And in reality I wanted it to be an off season activity to get some energy out and try something new.

Besides the money there were also some other things that concerned me (class times, sizes of classes, etc).

So earlier this week we tried out another place that has jujitsu. This place is just a monthly fee and the kids can go twice a week. They are also in the same class which can be good because it is easier on our schedule but bad because they may not leave each other alone. This class is a lot faster paced and they had a great time. However, it didn't have the self-control/respect aspect that I liked about karate.

The boys had fun and we will start in January.


















Here their goal is not to be knocked off the guy






No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity