This past weekend started with a trip to Carenow. Casen had drainage from his ear and gunky eyes. Sure enough he had a sinus and ear infection. But this boy is a trooper and never complained about not feeling well.
Saturday morning the boys had so much fun catching up on their advent calendar they got from their cousins in Germany. Star Wars Legos was perfect for them.
The boys played so well together for hours and about this time I heard-
Cooper- I think I'm going to play by myself for a while
Casen- I don't want to play by myself because I love you
aww those sweet words and guilt trip made my heart swell....and it worked.
Then I headed to Ennis to help my mom and Melisa setup for Sylvester Christmas. Once again this year we rented a room instead of having it at someone's house and it is so nice.
Tinsley tried out the photo spot for me :)
3:00 mingling and happy hour
4:00 Advent wreath and dinner
This year was Italian food
Then it was group picture time. We setup two picture areas but realized afterwards with groups as big as ours we didn't make it wide enough. Here are all the great-grandkids and the 3 youngest grandkids with granddad. It is quite difficult to wrangle all of these toddlers :)
Grandad has 25 great-grandchildren and 23 out of 25 were there. I think that is pretty amazing that so many of us made it! And we have two more babies expected to arrive in January and February.
Sweet Andie Rose recently turned two and she wasted no time embracing the terrible twos. This was right before she threw herself on the ground because she had no desire to be part of pictures.
Grandad with 15 of 16 grandchildren. Only my sister Angela is missing.
For the first time this year we had 3 family skits. My mom's grandkids did 12 days of Christmas abbreviated, Sandra's did Away in a Manger and Dominic the Donkey, and Sherry's did Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer. I don't have any pictures because I videoed it but here is the adorable donkey.
We got the kids rounded up to do the gift exchange between them.
We updated the cute photo frame Amber made last year.
Melisa's family
And our family
And then the Johnsons minus the Minears
I caught these two cousins having fun together
In this area we brought toys and the kids played and ran around without messing anything up or driving the adults crazy
Casen finally slowed down around 7 to eat something and he had two helpings
Then we played some fun games my mom organized- scavenger hunt, pictionary, marshmallow toss, candy cane fishing, and a few more I can't remember.
The night was so much fun and most of us didn't stop until 11pm.
Next year will be Aunt Sherry's turn to host and I am already looking forward to it.




No comments:
Post a Comment