Tuesday, November 27, 2018

39 weeks

Nov 27th

How Far Along: 39 Weeks (97.5% done!) 1 week to go!


Size of baby: watermelon (19-22 inches long, 7lbs)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 28.2 lbs gained


Maternity Clothes: all maternity clothes now

Gender: Baby Girl – Chloe Marie Cline

Movement: She still moves a lot and like to do this rolling thing that is a very weird sensation

Sleep: toss, turn, snore, pee, repeat

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach I can’t wait to do that again!

Cravings: Lots of sweets lately- ice cream, cookies, brownies, candy, cake, I’ll take it all

Symptoms: Braxton hicks, pelvic pain especially if I have been sitting or lying down for a while, lower back pain, sore/achy body and some swelling at the end of the day. A nice hot bath each evening is helpful. I realized that I haven’t had any Charlie horses/leg cramps this time which is nice.

Best Moment this week: Just enjoying thanksgiving as a family and getting ready for Chloe’s arrival. We went black Friday shopping, I got a pedicure, and Melisa and I took the kids to Six Flags. Also due to my snoring the boys have been taking turns sleeping with mommy in the big bed. And then Kyle sleeps in the empty boy’s bed. They are loving it. And I like having a bed buddy.

I can't wait: for December 1st. 4 more sleeps!!

Yesterday I had my last checkup before the induction. I am only measuring 35 weeks so I assume that is because she has dropped so low. My blood pressure was good and her heartrate was 152. But I am only dilated to a 1 and still thick. Therefore I feel pretty sure she won’t come on her own before the 1st. The doctor offered an induction on Friday but I declined. I like Saturday so that family doesn’t have to take off and worry about missing it.

The lack of progress makes me glad I am being induced because I didn’t want to go too late and too close to Christmas. HOWEVER, I really didn’t want to be induced. I kept hoping she would come on her own before then. I just really wanted to wait until the 4th or so to see if she would come. But waiting until the 11th when the doctor is back in town to induce sounded too long and too close to Christmas. I am a little nervous that Saturday will be a long day. I would just love for it to be one of those check in and have that girl here 4 hours later. But you know what sometimes that build up and anticipation is just as much fun too. So I will pray for patience and peace as we approach the 1st.



I ordered the chair cover, setup the monitor, ordered the base, and have all of the stuff gathered for our bags (just not in them to prevent wrinkles). My goal tonight is to hang the décor and finish thank you notes. I don’t have that many left but I am just avoiding them.



Next on my to-do list-

Finish thank you notes

Hang décor



39 weeks

The night before my induction


The nursery the night before her birth

The goodies for the nurses and visitors

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity