Last July when I was pregnant one of the first things I did was start looking at baby bedding. I always liked the idea of having something neutral for a boy or girl but I am not a huge fan of themed nurseries. When looking I came across bedding that was exactly like what I was looking for. My heart was pretty much set on it.
Then a few days later I miscarried and I thought back to that perfect bedding. Though I loved the bedding the only problem was that it was on a discount site because it had been discontinued. There was a chance that by the time I was pregnant again it would be gone. I showed the bedding to Kyle and explained my dilemma. He told me to go ahead and buy it if I loved it but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I felt like I would be jinxing our situation and to be honest I thought other people would think it was weird if I had baby bedding and no baby.
I ultimately decided not to buy it and just wait and see what happened.
Well on September 22 it was our anniversary. Kyle revealed his gift to me.

He had ordered the baby bedding that I had told him about 2 months earlier. I couldn't believe he remembered the conversation much less the specifics of the bedding to be able to order it. It was the most amazing, thoughtful gift he could have given me. It meant so much to me to open that box and see the bedding there. I loved it just as much in person!!!
It is amazing that the very next month we would find out we were having a baby. I wouldn't be the weird woman who has baby bedding and no baby : )
If our baby is a boy we will use a blue sheet and decorate in blues and greens to make it more masculine. Plus we will probably get darker furniture if it looks good because I think it will look a little more gender neutral. Obviously if it is a girl we will bring out more pinks and red colors. If it is twins we may be in trouble but to be honest I don't think we will have twins and so far there are still some sets for sale.
I have so many fun ideas for the nursery but for now we will have to wait and see if we are having a boy or girl.




2 comments:
Dianna - I love the bedding. I remember when you told us that Kyle had bought it for you. Such a sweet story and I am so thrilled that you will soon have a baby to use it.
Melissa
(MelissaCJ from babycenter)
So pretty!! i love it.
Post a Comment