Last week we went on our annual State Fair trip with David and Jen. (Except David skipped last year).
See all previous recaps HERE
I am the bad mom that decided not to take the boys with us. Actually I just agreed with Kyle after much convincing and even more guilt. If the boys went then we would have had to take 2 cars, Cooper would have wanted to ride everything thinking it was like Six Flags that we recently went to, and I would have to find somewhere to nurse Casen.
So we went without the boys and despite the guilt I had a wonderful time.
The first thing I tried was the Fried King Ranch Casserole. It was delicious. It was shaped like Texas but I forgot to take a picture before I started eating. It also came with a side of queso and a few chips. We all liked it.
Next up Fried Brownie
This was okay but not our favorite. The brownie wasn't sweet enough. David and Jen also bought the Bacon Cinnamon Roll that we tried last year because David didn't get to try it.
Kyle really wanted a Fletcher's corny dog but the lines were outrageous and he didn't want to wait. Then we were going to try a couple of other things but struck out on those. Finally Kyle settled for some cheese covered tator tots.
We checked out the car exhibits and Kyle tried to convince me I need a Tahoe...maybe when we have baby #3 : )
We saw this monster truck style wagon that looked pretty darn cool. Cooper and Casen may need to have their wagon tricked out.
We tried Fried Nutella and I wasn't impressed. The best part were the strawberries and bananas. To me there wasn't enough filling in the flaky crust.
We stopped for a quick pic with the new Big Tex.
We tried the Fried Cuban Roll that I thought was super yummy but forgot to take a picture.
And our last treat was the Fried Milky Way that was pretty darn tasty.
Yes that is a lot of fried food, but we only do it once and we share everything so it really isn't that much food. We helped David convince Jen that she did not need to adopt a 3 legged dog.
We had a great time and love continuing this tradition!












1 comment:
I still talk about that 3 legged dog... you think its still available?! :) so glad we have this tradition together!!
Post a Comment