Tuesday, January 28, 2014

7 Month Update


Your 7 month update finally!


No update on your stats but you are definitely growing.

Size 2 diapers because we are finishing them off
6 month, 6-9 month, and 9 month clothes depending on the brand
No shoes

You are still nursing. We reduced your bottles at day-care to 4.5 ounces in hopes to reduce spitting up. 
You nurse at 5am, 5:15pm, and 7:15pm.
You get bottles at 8, 11, and 2.

You have done awesome with baby food. You originally didn't like green beans but now you eat those along with all other veggies- squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, and peas.

You like all fruits that we have tried.

You also like puffs
We give you cereal and fruit in the morning. Veggie at lunch. Half fruit and half veggie at dinner.


You dropped the habit of sucking your thumb.  We didn't do anything special just gave you something else to suck on when we saw your thumb in your mouth.

No sign of teeth.  You drool a lot and your gums are swollen some.

You got croup right at Christmas and it was very scary for me.  There were times when you struggled to breath.  Luckily with Uncle Trent's advice we were able to manage it and avoid the ER. We took you to the doctor and they gave you a steroid to help clear it up.

At that appointment your ear looked a little red so the doctor gave you an antibiotic to avoid an ear infection.

We finally got rid of your thrush for good.

You like to give open mouthed kisses. And you love to hug my neck.

When you get excited you scrunch your shoulders up to your neck and smile so big your eyes close.

The spitting up sometimes seems better and sometimes see about the same.  The doctor and I aren't worried because we know you will outgrow it.


Just before Christmas you went through a little bit of separation anxiety when I left you at school. It only lasted 3 days and you haven't cried since. 

However you don't like when we leave you in a room by yourself for very long.

This month you learned to play peek a boo with your burp cloth.

You also like to spit bubbles at us and then we go back and forth.  You think it is so funny.

Just before you turned 7 months you started sitting up in the bathtub and took your first real bath with Cooper.  You loved it and couldn't stop watching him.

You have mastered sitting up by yourself.

This picture below is one of my favorites.  It is so sweet and shows your sweet personality.

However you do get mad! Each morning I bring you to our bed to nurse before I get ready for work.  Even though you know you are going to nurse as soon as I lay you down you scream.  I hurry and get in bed and you calm down as soon as you start nursing.  Man you let your temper show.

You are starting to wiggle around the floor more and trying to figure out crawling. Disclaimer- these pictures were taken when you were 7 1/2 months already so they really should be in the next post but I am just leaving them here.

You are starting to poke your butt up in the air like an upside down V and use your hands to push up from your tummy.

Such a big boy all of a sudden!

You look so much like your daddy in this picture below.

Casen, you are growing and changing so fast.  All of sudden you seem like such a big boy.  I am so grateful for the times that I nurse you because I get just hold you and cuddle.  You are such a sweet little guy.  You love your brother so much, but I also think you have figured out how to pick on him and his toys.  I am really trying to be better at soaking up all of these special moments with you because I know you will be 2 before I know it!

We love you so much Casen Andrew!


Cooper at 7 months

1 comment:

Tessa said...

He's such a cute little guy!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity