I have several New Year's Resolutions (NYR) and I am going to share them with you as I have time. They are not in order of importance.
The first NYR is my blog.
I am going to blog as I want and when I have time. This past year I was not sure which direction I wanted to take my blog and it caused me to stress out (yes, I am always stressed and I am trying to work on that).
Some people have a public blog and even make money off of it. My blog has had advertisements on it for almost 2 year (in April) and in that time I have made $25 total! Not anything to get excited about. Now to be fair that is a free $25, but the funny thing is that I have not received the $25 because you have to reach $100 before they will send you any money. So I may never reach $100 and therefore I haven't made anything off of it!
Because I had a public blog and advertisements I was trying to be a 'smart blogger.' That meant only one post per day, not too wordy (not very good at that), and other things. Well when you have a lot going on that is hard to do. Especially after the holidays when you need to blog about 5 different Christmas parties, NYE, sick kids, and every thing else going on in your life.
So I am not worried about being a smart blogger anymore. This blog is about documenting my life and our memories. This is where I keep up with what my boys are up to and all of their milestones since I don't keep baby books.
Get ready for more than one past a day or only one post all week.
Get ready for randoms posts that just document a conversation I had with Cooper.
Get ready for lots of pictures.
Get ready for posts where I rant about being stressed once a week! I will try not to.
Get ready for posts about whatever is on my mind.
Basically I am going to enjoy my blog and post as I want. I am going to take the stress off of this blog or at least try to. At some point I will post about Christmas and I promise that one day I will post about Cooper's second birthday. It may not be until a week before is 3rd birthday as the guilt overwhelms me but whatever.
So here is resolution #1! I might be sharing my resolutions into February! You never know!
Thursday, January 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I've been feeling the same way about my blog, too. Even though I've been off from work, it's still difficult to blog as much as I used to. Blog what you want, when you want 😊
Can't wait for what sounds like more candid sharing! Great resolution!!
Post a Comment