Monday, January 5, 2015

My car...

*Sorry for so many blog posts, but I have a lot to talk about and a lot of holiday pictures to share.

If you remember, on November 1st I was rear-ended on the highway (see damage here). Well I finally picked my car up this past Saturday (63 days after the accident!)

I stopped for gas near our house and realized the back hatch made a popping noise when I opened it and then the sensor showed it wasn't closed all the way.  I had to close it 3 times before it finally turned the sensor on my dash off.  Then as I was almost home I realized the gas gauge showed it was only 7/8ths full when I had just filled it up.  I couldn't make it back before they closed so we called and arranged to drop it off today. 

Well Sunday I drove it to church and to get the boys from my parents.  A sensor came on saying the stabili track (sp?) needed service, but then it went off so I decided it could wait until Monday.  I stopped to fill the tank back up and see if it did the same thing and sure enough 7/8ths full.  As I drove to Ennis to get the boys from my parents I kept smelling something like rotten eggs.  At first I didn't think it was me but then I realized it was.  I drove through Jack in the Box and the lady said 'Eww it really stinks out there.'  I laughed with embarrassment and said 'it's my car' she was like 'oh no, that's not good.'

I didn't drive it the rest of the day on Sunday because I didn't want to risk it (and we didn't go anywhere).  This morning Kyle left for work but came in and said that my car battery was dead.  He tried to move my car so he could get our old Neon out and it wouldn't start.  I told him I would hurry and get the kids ready while he jumped my car off.  Then I would take them to day-care, leave it running, and go straight to the dealership and wait for them. Unfortunately when it tried to jump it off it still wouldn't start.  The thing was just dead.  And the doors were locked both rear (with car seats) and back hatch (with some boxes of stuff I wanted to donate). AND the key was locked in the ignition!!  We had to put the car in neutral, I steered (with no power steering), and Kyle pushed the car (I got the better end of the deal) out of the way so we could get the neon out.

Then we loaded up the kids and took them to day-care.  I am driving the neon and Kyle has his truck. I called the dealership first thing this morning and they are towing my car back to the shop.  Not sure how long it will take to get this all fixed, but part of me wonders if I even want it back (not that I have a choice).

At the time this all happened I really didn't want it to get totaled because I didn't want to have to shop for a new car. It is no secret that I don't love my Equinox.  But I also don't really want to start over with a car payment or shop for a new car.  Now after this mess I am thinking I don't want to constantly worry that something else is going to go wrong.

I guess we will just wait and see...

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity