My goal is to work on my faith and relationship with God. I know that if I put God at the center of my goals but more importantly my daily life then the rest of my goals will work themselves out. Or at least be manageable.
I do not do some of these regularly and that is a tough pill to swallow, but the truth hurts. So here we go-
- Praying more often
- morning prayers on the way to school with the boys-I started this two weeks ago on our short drive to day-care. We do a simple prayer and it is going well.
- before meals especially at dinner time with the boys
- prayers before bed-I do this each night with the boys, but I want to start working on scriptures with them. Then I want to make sure I pray each night before I collapse in my bed either forgetting to pray or falling asleep part of the way through.
- Attend mass weekly- which also means decide on our official church home now that we have moved
- Read and learn about my faith and the Catholic Church- I have recently been asked some questions that I didn't know the answer to or didn't feel like I knew enough to answer it fully. I want to work on this. I own quite a few books that I have never read plus my mom has some good ones I would like to read. I might even try to find some that I can download and listen to on my commute.
- Go to reconciliation
I am ready for another blessed year. Happy New Years!




1 comment:
I'm Catholic and while this bible isn't a specifically Catholic one, I've found the NIV Life application study Bible to be really helpful in understanding scripture. Good luck with your resolutions!
Post a Comment