We had a very busy weekend so brace yourself for a lot of pictures but a lot of fun!
Friday night we met Mimi, Grandpa, and Uncle T for dinner to celebrate Mimi's birthday. Dinner was delicious and the boys were very good. Casen couldn't get enough of his Mimi.
Cooper kept Uncle T busy with a hidden picture activity.
Saturday morning I enjoyed some bacon and a smoothie. I shared this picture on Facebook and recommended the Bacon Wave. I think I have talked about it before but we love it. If you love bacon and hate the mess then you need this! My grandmother got it for us about 2 years ago and we still love it. I think she got ours at Walmart.
We headed to Arlington to do some shopping and despite the gorgeous and kinda hot weather this boy insisted on wearing his jacket with the hood up. It drove Kyle and I insane, but we pick our battles.
Then we got home and put the boys down for naps. I headed to pick up these cute kiddos for the slumber party mentioned HERE. The kids are 18 months, 5, 8, and almost 10.
I sent this sweet picture to Eli's mommy and daddy who were attending a wedding.
These boys were little buddies.
We went outside to have some fun but we ended up making a big mess with all of the mud. But the kids still had fun so that is all that matters. Right, Kyle?
These two boys were buddies also!
Carsyn is so helpful and kept cleaning up the messes that the littles made.
Eli had a mini meltdown because he didn't want to share his snack with Casen. Sorry Savannah, but I love Casen's expression in this pic. I promise Eli was very good!
Kyle picked up yummy pizza for us all
Just look at that smile!
The girls played Disney Guess Who and we also played a couple rounds of Sneaky Snacky Squirrel
Then we enjoyed some cookies for dessert.
Afterwards all of the kids got in their pjs and I let them each pick a movie to watch. Then I did a drawing to see which movie we watched. One at a time I drew a name and eliminated them. The last night left was the winner and the girls thought it was so fun. I even threw in a little 'let the odds be ever in your favor.'
Someone was the first eliminated and was not happy about it. But I loved this picture of the boys in their matching pjs. I love that my aunt thought to send Quinn's matching pjs.
The littles went for a little ride before bed.
This was the setup in Cooper's room for the big kids. The girls shared the bed and each of the boys had 'a boat'. Eli slept in the pack'n'play in the spare room. (Makes me want to say 'spare oom'....Anyone know that reference?)
In the morning I ran to the donut shop before getting ready for church. Everyone slept great and the littles slept until 7:45!
They could have eaten their weight in donut holes!
Eli all ready for church.
I took this picture as I got ready because he was my little shadow
I took the two big girls and Eli to church. Cooper, Casen, and Quinn stayed with Kyle.
I just had to get a picture of them in front of the fountain
Casen loved Carleigh!
After the kids got picked up I decided to head out for a run while my boys napped.
I got a good run in despite the horrible wind
Then I indulged in my yummy payment for keeping Eli! Chocolate cream cheese kolache!
We spent the rest of the evening playing outside and enjoying the wonderful weather. Then we ended the evening with hotdogs from the grill!
We had a crazy, loud, busy, exhausting weekend, but it was so worth it seeing my kids play with their cousins and have fun. We are so blessed.







































4 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend!! I love that our kids get to make memories together because some of my best memories were made with my cousins!!
I wanna go to Spare Oom!! And I want my girls to have a sleepover with Aunt Nanna!
Looks like a lot of fun! I love this post. Thank you for taking care of our little guy. He was pooped when we got home. Glad you enjoyed your kolaches!
You rocked this! Makes me think you could have 4 more kids of your own ;-)
Post a Comment