Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Weekend Recap

Friday night after speech therapy we went to have Mexican food and then spent all evening outside.  Kyle helped our neighbors work on clearing their lot.  Afterward they offered to show us their house and we visited with them until nearly 9 o'clock. The boys were with us and despite it being late they did pretty good.
 
Saturday morning Cooper was awake so we decided to run to the donut shop.  I told him to just put boots on with his pjs (plaid pants).  But then we discovered it was cool outside so he needed a jacket.  Then he needed his backpack (probably because I had a purse). And therefore this is what he looked like at the donut shop.
 
 
Then we headed to Granny and Papa's house to celebrate Easter with my dad's side.  Casen insisted on taking the soccer ball and shot this cheesy grin.
 
We had a delicious lunch and then headed out for the hunt.  There were only 4 kiddos but so many eggs!
 
Doesn't Casen look like a pro running out there with his big basket!
 
 
Tinsley loves her Grandaddy so he assisted her in her hunt.

 
And we started in tennis shoes but as soon as we got there he switched to his boots.  Get ready for lots of boots with shorts pictures this spring and summer!
 



 
Afterward this little guy fell asleep with his Grandaddy.  I must say I am a little jealous because he doesn't do that much these days.
 
We enjoyed a great game of Canasta (Erica and I won! By a lot!!) and Cooper sat here perfectly content with duplo legos.
 
He just kept rearranging them into all sorts of things and was so proud.  Most of them were a 'spaceship'
 
Casen accidentally peed through his diaper (thanks to us not changing him) and had no extra pants.  Love that little diaper butt!
 

 
That evening we played with water, paintbrushes and the concrete!
 
It soon became this!

 
And of course they had to go out for their evening ride. Really Cooper had the gator all over our lot and was having a blast 'helping' Daddy and Mr. S.
 
I just love this picture! I am so blessing by these two little boys.
 
Sunday morning we got up really early to go to church.  And of course, the soccer ball went with us and another cute smile!
 
I took this picture after church.  I shared on Facebook-
 
It isn't easy taking my boys to mass with me.  They can be noisy, fidgety, and distracting to others.  But hearing Cooper sing the Our Father in the sweetest, a little too loud voice brought tears to my eyes. Easy isn't always best.
 
I regularly have to remind myself that 'easy isn't always best.' It would be much easier to sleep in.  It would be much easier to make microwavable meals every night.  It would be much easier not to eat out with my boys or take them on adventures.  But one day they will be grown and gone and I don't want to miss out on these memories or these chances to form them into the young men I want them to be.
 
 
After church we had a play date with Aiden.  Cooper had been asking about it all week.  Reminding me which toys Aiden had and of course 'Aiden is my best friend.' The boys did so well playing together. They picked up right where they left off and did pretty good at playing with baby brother (I call him tag-along)
 
Notice Casen looked up and smiled in the background.  He is too funny!
 
 
The boys did so great that they guys got to play some disc golf and Tiffany and I got to enjoy uninterrupted conversation.
 
Someone had a lot of fun.  Kyle said he thought the boys were pouring dirt on him.  Oh well! He didn't seem to mind.
 
Right before we left we tried to get a picture of these two.  They are just so sweet together.

 
After seeing our neighbors (on both sides) clean up their lots but keeping the mesquite we are really regretting clearing out lot.  Sunday we went by a tree farm and were shocked to learn how expensive trees are. We had always planned to plant some different trees/shrubs once we got settled but now we know we will just have to buy a few things at a time.
 
That evening we enjoyed our first popsicles of the season...in our underwear...just the boys, not me.
 
Casen didn't care for the popsicle.  He just didn't even seem interested in the concept so Cooper and I shared it.
 
 
We had such a nice weekend where we really took advantage of the gorgeous weather before it gets too hot. Yay for spring!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity