The gender reveal went great. Not perfect because nothing ever is but it was
great! We had a great spread of 4th of July themed food. A wives
tale quiz to see what gender it indicated (girl) and a names list. Then we went
outside to let the kids do some little fireworks until dark. Everyone was very
anxious to start the fireworks but I said I wanted it to be dark so we could
get a good video for memory and to share with friends and Facebook. Unfortunately
the closer to dark the more windy it got. And right as we started getting ready
we heard lots of sirens and saw smoke. There was a fire in the neighborhood on
the hill next to us. We decided to do the firework anyway because hello it was
the reason we were all there. Kyle hid behind a box which was originally there
to hide whether he was lighting pink or blue but ended up coming in handy to
get the firework actually lit. Then it wouldn’t light and David went to help
him while we all anxiously waited. Finally it lit and blew up about 5 -10 feet
off the ground! It was pink!!! We were all cheering, screaming, excited and
shocked.
I
think Kyle and David nearly peed their pants when it went off right above them
and then they were stomping out the grass!! We all missed this because we were
too busy celebrating. At that point we stopped all fireworks because the wind
was just too crazy and seeing what happened with the gender firework scared us on
what could happen.
Most
of our family thought boy so everyone was pretty shocked it was a girl. I told
them I had already known for 4 days and I was still shocked. Casen was so
excited to find out he is getting a baby sister and Cooper was disappointed but
didn’t cry or anything. Later they both
ran up to me and hugged my belly. They had a fun evening and are excited for
the new baby to arrive.
Wednesday
morning Casen climbed on the couch next to me and said ‘I just want to check on
baby sister (pat my tummy) yep, she’s good’
And I melted.
Thursday
morning he ran into daycare telling his teachers he is getting a baby sister.
Ordered this invite from Etsy
The food spread. Jen came over and helped me get everything ready which she did with the other two so it was fun doing it all again. We had- a flag meat, cheese, and cracker tray, red and blue berries with cool whip, veggies and chips with dip, BBQ klobase, cookies, chickfila nuggets (thanks to Mimi), and a flag oreo ball tray (thanks to Lusa and Babi).
Mimi also brought a basket of popcorn treats for everyone in the basket below the table
Aunt Jen Jen made these shirts for the boys
I filled out the wives tale board
Team Girl
Team Boy
Our sweet family of 4. Jen made my shirt that said red, white, and due.
Jen is the best friend. Kyle and I are so lucky to have David and Jen in our lives.
Doing some of the little kid fireworks until dark
The gender reveal firework blowing up!!
I saw something similar on pinterest so with Jen behind the camera and Susan, my mom, Melisa, and I holding sparklers we created this for the announcement. I was shocked we actually got it to work (thanks to Jen for knowing what to do with camera settings)
























No comments:
Post a Comment