Tuesday, December 14, 2010

10 Weeks!!

Man this is a bad picture of me but it was before work and we were in a rush. Little Riley snuck into the picture!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 10 weeks
Size of baby: Baby Cline is the size of a kumquat. If you have no clue what this or how big it is here is a picture. I didn't know either. (http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size?slideNumber=8)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 lbs (despite how sick I was I am back to my starting weight)
Maternity Clothes: still just using a rubber band if I need to and wearing dresses if I can.
Gender: Still a while to wait before finding out...I am super anxious!
Movement: None yet, still too early.
Sleep: better as long as I am not sick. Sometimes I wake up in the night feeling bad.
What I miss: feeling good and having energy
Cravings: I had sour punch candy this past week and LOVED them. I haven't stopped thinking about them since. I also bought the Xtra Cheddar Flavor Blasted Goldfish from the grocery store and loved those too. They are on my list to go back and buy more today since they are on sale. I also bought blue Gatorade, salsa, avocados, pickles and choc chip muffin mix. I am looking forward to eating it all!
Symptoms: Last week was a rough week with me getting sick. I finally broke down on Friday and called the doctor to get her opinion. They decided to go ahead and give me Zofran to help with the nausea. It has helped a lot however if I don't time my meds right I get sick again.
Best Moment this week: enjoying the free food at work this past week and getting medicine to give me relief.
Hardest Moment this week: Chocolate chip cookies and bean and cheese tostadas....that is all I am going to share.
Blurb from babycenter- Though he's barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.
He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.
If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.
In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity