Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Decorations!

I wanted to share our Christmas decorations with you. The previous 2 years our Christmas tree has been in the dining room in front of the bay window. I loved the idea of having it there however it wasn't ideal for the size of our dining room table. We always had to move the table to the side and then the room didn't look as nice. This year we put it in the corner where the old tv used to be. This was always the plan once we got a new tv that didn't take up so much room.



With no lights on...

Wreath on the front door. This year we put a nail in the door because Kyle hated the hook over the door.

We put cinnamon scented pine cones and ornaments inside the vases. The table runner and place mats were made by my granny and they look great with the everything. This picture doesn't do it justice but it is very pretty!


Here are the stockings hung on the edge of the bar. Since we don't have a fireplace we have to make do. I have stockings for Ranger and Riley but somehow they didn't get pulled out.

This is a gorgeous TCU ornament that Kyle bought for me a couple of years ago. We saw it at a cute boutique the day we were closing on our house and he went back and got it for me. I haven't put it out the past 2 years because my tree is decorated in silver and red. The ornament is gold accented so I bought a cute gold ornament hanger to display it on. I love this ornament!!

My new nativity set. I have been looking for a cute nativity and I saw this one this year at Hobby Lobby. I caught it when it was on sale for 50% off. I might need to buy some snow to put under it but I love how the gold accents go with some of the decoration I already had on this table.


These are a couple of sentimental pieces.

This reindeer is from Kyle's great-grandmother. Susan also used to have one and when she offered it to me I declined. Now I am wishing I had taken it because it would have been nice to have it also as a passed down piece. I think I need to add a bow to its neck or something.

This is a little wooden wreath that Susan gave me. I couldn't decide where to hang it and Kyle thought he remembered it being hung on a door knob at his house so that is where we decided to put it. I like having some pieces handed down from family.

My Granny also gave me these cute bathroom towels. The are blue and silver and go perfect with my guest bathroom.

I forgot to take a picture of them close up but I also have some ornaments on the tree that are from my Grandad's side of the family (you can see the Santa Claus one in the middle of the tree in the above pics). They were from his mother's Christmas tree skirt and my mom made the tree skirt into ornaments. The tree skirt was old and couldn't be used anymore so it was something crafty my mom did with it. She gave each of us girls some of the ornaments when we got married.


A little off topic but while at CVS yesterday I saw these doggie stairs on sale for $10. Riley can't get on our couch or bed by herself because she is afraid to jump. We have friends with a dog the same size and Tootsie has no problem getting on the couch. We know it is just because Riley is goofy and a scaredy-cat. So I decided to get these for her plus make it easier for Ranger.

Here is a picture of Kyle putting them together (I see him assembling tricycles and barbie doll houses in his future!!). He kept dodging the pictures so they aren't great of him but I told him that is his fault and I was posting them anyway!



Ranger was so excited to see what Daddy was putting together. Once they were put together we tried to get Riley to use them. No such luck. We even put her favorite ball on the couch to entice her and it didn't work. Ranger was more than happy to show off and show her how to use the stairs. Hopefully overtime she will get more comfortable and try it out. For now she is just going to have to sit on the floor by herself.

I forgot to get pictures of the finished product and the pups with the stairs.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity