Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our holiday weekend

Wednesday night we went out to dinner with David and Jen and discussed possible vacations. We love the idea of vacationing with other couples and they expressed interest in vacationing with us. We discussed Vegas, cruises, San Francisco. I think the one we all agree on is San Francisco but we haven't committed to it yet. I really think I want to wait until after Christmas to schedule it. I think it will be easier to get excited about a trip once I am feeling better.

**side note- I am eating ritz crackers with cheese as I write this and it tastes so good. This may be my comfort food while I am sick!!**

Thursday we cleaned house and Kyle helped around the kitchen. We put together a salad, made cheesecake cupcakes, and firecrackers. It is a good thing he helped because I always try to do too much and I was overwhelmed trying to get everything done.

We went to Kyle's aunt Shari's house for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful meal. I love mashed potatoes with a good brown gravy so that was my favorite part! We played lots of card games and board games and had a really good time. We had such a good time that we didn't leave until 10 or so which wasn't a good idea since we planned to get up early to do some Black Friday shopping.

We went to bed around 11:00 and got up at 2:30 am to head to sears to get a new tv. It was not easy getting Kyle out of bed and out the door but we made it. We were able to get the only tv they had in stock like we wanted and I also got a new coat and boots that were door busters.

We went back to sleep and went to Cavenders and Cabela's later. Then after some more sleep we went to Into the West and bought a tv stand and went to visit with his parents. Kyle's dad Larry is having back problems and has been in pain for about a week.

Saturday morning Kyle woke up sick with allergy/cold issues and so I headed to Thanksgiving at my Granny's by myself. I hated that he wasn't going but the only plus to it was that we were no longer going to stay the night therefore we didn't have to pack bags or the dogs up to go with us. I had a fun time eating steak, baked potatoes and green stuff (guacamole). We also played Canasta. Granny and I did awesome at Canasta and won 3 or 4 games in a row. I had to head back to Fort Worth and not home around 10:00 or so I think.

Sunday I went to church and then did some more chores around the house. Kyle then helped get the Christmas decorations out and we did all of the Christmas decorating except the outside. Not sure if/when the outside will get done because Kyle thinks it is a waste of electricity. I think it is pretty.

Monday morning we had our ultrasound first thing so we got to sleep in a little bit and Kyle drove me in to work. That night David came by to help unload the new tv stand and move the old tv out of the way.

I was horrible about taking pictures this weekend. I took my camera but just forgot to get it out. Oh well!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity