We officially took our house off the market this week and terminated our contract on the new house. 'Terminated our contract' sounds like a big deal but basically we signed a contingency agreement that if we didn't sell our house we were free and clear of the new house.
The new house will be completed Sept 15th and there is no way we would meet that deadline. We spoke to the builder and we had the option to roll our earnest money into another lot and house or get our money back. We told them we wanted our money back, we signed a form, and we are done.
We let our realtor know to take our house off the market and that is done now too.
Despite a booming housing market (that everyone we talked to liked to point out) our house didn't sell. We don't know why. We have a very nice home that we have taken care of, but the right buyer just didn't walk through the door.
Yes, we are disappointed. However I have prayed about this A LOT and it just isn't what was meant to be for us. Kyle and I have talked about it A LOT and we are at peace with how it turned out.
We hate that we designed a gorgeous house and will never get to live in it.
We hate that we won't be close to my sister who is about to move to the same area we were moving.
We hate that we won't be closer to my parents and extended family.
We hate that it just wasn't meant to be.
But...
We love that we get to keep the boys at the same, amazing day-care that Cooper has been at.
We love that we will still be by our close friends David and Jen (Uncle David and Aunt Jen Jen).
We love that because this wasn't meant to be there is something else for us that we just don't know yet.
So for now we will enjoy not having to worry about house showings (I definitely don't have time for that each morning before I leave). We will reevaluate what we want to do after the first of the year. We may build again, we may buy an existing home, or we might stay right where we are. The project I am on will be wrapping up (I think) in the next year so I am anxious to see what lies ahead for me.
You never know we could move to Argentina...Just kidding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It's so wonderful that you have a positive outlook on all this! I know it must be hard but like you said there is a reason!
Jennie
Post a Comment