Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Weekend recap

Friday Casen and I spent the day running errands and hanging out at Mimi and Grandpa's house.
 
I went by the Carter's store because I had a coupon.  They had all of their summer stuff on clearance plus an additional 25% off.  I got all of the goodies below for $58.  They added up to $240 bucks retail!!  Plus I have $20 in Carter's cash to use also!
 
I love the matching crab pinch me pajamas for the boys next summer.  Plus I got Cooper the shark ones to match the ones I already got Casen.  I also got more underwear for Cooper, my favorite sun suits in size 6 months because I have a growing boy on my hands, plus some camo pants for this fall and two shirts and a pair of shorts for next year! I am still so excited with all of my finds.  I am fighting the urge to do more shopping!
 
 
That evening we went to Shady Oak BBQ for dinner. I have said many times that I love their jalapeno ranch dressing so a salad sounded perfect to me. And of course they have great sweet tea and bread!
 
Cooper kept himself preoccupied by playing with the sugar packets.

 
And Casen did this the entire time (I think he looks like a Johnson in this picture)
 
The next morning Cooper was up at 6:15 so once we fully woke up and got dressed we ran to get donuts while Casen and Kyle slept in a little.
 
I let him pick out his own donut and he wanted this one with 'pinkles'
 
 
He loved it! And ended up eating an entire second chocolate donut!

 
Casen and I spent the rest of the day at Mimi's house for Natalie's bridal shower.  The shower was great and I will share more about it later this week.
 
Cooper and Kyle hung out together and bought Cooper a new train because he went an entire day with no accidents (still working on the pooping in the potty). They joined us later in the afternoon where we all hung out.  Cooper made sure his Grandpa gave him a ride on the four-wheeler.
 
 

 
Casen was so good at the shower but he was happy to get home and resting that evening.

 
Sunday we went to Ennis for the day.  My mom met us at church and then afterwards we met my dad for lunch (he went to the early mass).  After lunch we went to my aunt's house and got to meet Matthew James, my cousin Trey's new baby. He is only one month younger than Casen.
 
Cooper was feeling antsy so he decided to go with my Grandad on a four wheeler ride. Cooper loved it and I think my Grandad enjoyed it too.
 
After visiting with my mom's side of the family we headed over to my Granny and Papa's to hang out.
 
Here is a picture of Casen with Papa. Please excuse the orange coloring in the picture.

 
Cooper was so excited to play with a puzzle that he was too distracted for a picture.
 
Cooper had a lot of fun showing Papa the puzzles. He kept asking where Papa was later and said 'I want to go play with Papa.'

 
Later that evening we went back to my parents house so the boys could spend more time with my dad.  Cooper ended up taking a nap while my dad was holding him.  When he woke up he was upset and disoriented.  The minute my dad offered to take him to see the cows his face lit up and he said 'yeah!' My mom ended up going with Casen also to go see the cows.
 
I don't know if you can tell, but Cooper loves the men in his life.  Don't get me wrong, he loves the women too, but he really has a special way of bonding with the various men.  I think he has them all wrapped around his finger.
 
We didn't get home until 8:30 that night, but it was completely worth it. Making memories of my boys with family means so much to me. 

1 comment:

Maria said...

It's so funny how the boys are like that. Mac is definitely closest to the men in his life! Such cute pics of your boys! Love them!! :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity