Friday, November 8, 2013

5 on Friday

1. Wednesday night was not a good night.  Cooper woke up just before midnight and I went in there to comfort him.  I started to lay in the bed, but for some reason stopped to turn on the light.  I don't know if he said something or if it was just my gut but it is a good thing I did.  He had puked all over his bed and I would have laid right in it!!!  He continued to get sick every 10-15 minutes for the next 3 hours. 

This was Cooper's first time to throw up and it was so sad.  He didn't understand what was going on and was so upset.  I finally fell asleep just before 3 and didn't throw up again thank goodness. 

So after 2 years and 4 months the streak has ended.  I am a proud momma that I went that long without having to clean up kid puke! Plus he was a little tired and mopey the rest of the day, but overall felt better.

2.  Cooper is back to school today and feeling fine.  I caught these pictures of Cooper and Aiden looking out the window when I was leaving!  Of course I couldn't get them to both look at me at the same time, but whatever.  You get two pictures!



I know this is shocking but those are THE ONLY pictures I took all week! I will try to make up for it this weekend!

3. This morning I realized I have a problem.  My milk supply this go around is much better.  Well maybe not better but Casen doesn't eat quite as much as Cooper so I have a surplus.  I am able to freeze about 20 ounces a week if not more.  This actually isn't that much considering he drinks about 25 ounces a day if I didn't nurse at all.  I am now up to about 50-5 ounce bags in my freezer and I am running out of space.  Not sure what I am going to do with all of this milk.  Obviously I won't waste it.

The frozen supply is a nice security blanket for those times that my production is a little low.  Or God forbid I am out of commission at some point in the future.  Remember when Cooper was 9 months I had to have my appendix removed! I battled my supply a lot with Cooper and it was a source of stress for me. I appreciate one less thing to stress about this go around because I have plenty on my list.  I wish we had room for a little freezer in our garage, but that just isn't the case right now.

4. The past two nights I have had Blue Bell before bed.  We bought a half gallon about 2 weeks ago and have been so busy we haven't eaten much of it.  I actually finished it off last night and figured that was a good thing because ice cream before bed is a bad habit.  This morning I stepped on the scale and I lost two pounds!! I guess I need to run out and get more Blue Bell.  This is the best diet ever!!

5. I am really fighting the urge to shop!  Like really bad!  I keep telling myself to wait until Christmas, but a lot of the stuff I want is hard to put on a Christmas list.  I want some new brown boots to wear with skinny jeans. I need new dress pants for work. I want to buy some cute shirts that I can wear with leggings, and need more leggings.  I just keep seeing all of these cute ads and trends and I want to jump on board.  I am trying to be good!  So if you need/want to get my something for Christmas money or a shopping trip would do!

6.  Okay so I know that there are only supposed to be 5, but #5 made me think of something that I am really excited about.  My sister and I are doing a shopping trip the Monday before Thanksgiving.  She has the day off and I have some spare days off.  It stinks that it will be before Christmas money, but I am so excited.  The kids will be at day-care and we can shop all day!  It will be like when we were 21 and 24 without kids! We probably won't do that much shopping for ourselves because it is supposed to be Christmas shopping but I bet we sneak a little bit in for us!

Ok that is all!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am doing the same thing with my mom the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I could not be more excited about it!

Erica Ransom said...

I have no idea how long frozen breast milk can last, but a great option could be waiting until Casen was a year old (or taking a little at a time as you lose freezer space)and taking what you have left over to the "milk bank" Basically self explanatory, it goes to feed little premies in the NICU and all sorts of other good causes. I think it's a cool idea to give the same gift you give Casen as far as antibodies and immunity to some other little one in need. Its astounding all the stuff breast milk helps with. Just a thought :) look into it or I might be able to find something through my connections if you're interested. :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity