Thursday, November 21, 2013

Halloween Night

I am kicking butt and taking names with this blogging thing! I am finally getting caught up. 

Family- can you think of anything I haven't blogged about besides one REALLY big thing?...I don't want to forget anything. 

The big thing is that I still haven't blogged about Cooper's 2nd birthday party.  I actually sat down and started going through the pictures again last night.  My friend took over 200 pics and I narrowed it down to 100.  Now I need to narrow it down even more.  Plus Kyle's uncle took pictures and I haven't even messed with those yet! Eek!  See why I have been putting it off?

The thing is that I along with others worked really hard for that party so I definitely want to share all of the details.  And I promise I will.  Hopefully next week.

Back to the point of this post.

Halloween night everyone came over to our house to trick or treat in our neighborhood.  We had a blast!

These first pics are from my camera.  There would be more, but after we finished taking a ton of pictures of the kids sitting together on the couch I realized that my memory card wasn't in my camera and apparently it doesn't have internal memory! I was sooo mad at myself for not remembering.
My grandmother made all of the costumes except Dorothy's.  Not because she couldn't or wouldn't, but simply because Annelise's grandmother on the other side of the family has a tradition of buying their Halloween costumes. That started before mine and Melisa's kiddos came along.

When Cooper was born I had seen some cute ideas but was worried about him getting hot and I was cheap so I asked my granny to make his costume.  Luckily she has continued the tradition of making his costume each year and made Casen's this year too.




We got started around 6:45 and it was still light outside.  But there were already others trick or treating and it was nice because people could see their costumes better.


I love the Dorothy was holding the Tin Man's hand!

World's cutest Tin Man!


Because I previously mentioned the missing memory card in my camera, we tried to retake some pictures after trick or treating. Well it was way past the Scarecrow's bedtime and he was DONE!

Almost asleep

He looked like this in less than two minutes!  He was so sleepy!



I love Glenda's cheesy smile!



This marks the pictures from various iphones and I think it is pretty obvious!
So from left to right- Catelyn as the Lion, Annelise as Dorothy, MacKenzie as Glenda the Good Witch, Tinsley as the Wicked Witch of the West, Cooper as the Tin man, and Casen as the Scarecrow





The Tin Man got it figured out by the end and had no problem walking up to houses.  It was so cute, but also a little sad to see my boy acting so grown up.



Cooper really enjoyed trick or treating this year and we have a great neighborhood for it.  It was extra special to have all of the cousins together and getting to hangout.  We may never get to do that again, but it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity