1. Do you remember this post with the quilted letters? Well my amazing Granny made a set for each of her great-grand kids (well 1 per family I guess). We got ours on Tuesday from my mom and Cooper loves playing with them already. The letters and numbers are made out of odd and end fabrics my grandmother had and I love that they are older prints. Then she also made colored squares, triangles, circles, and hearts! Cooper seriously loves playing with them! Thank you so much to my Granny!
2. I got a new parking spot at work in one of our gated lots (bigger parking spots) and it is a great spot right up front....then I noticed I am under a tree. Kyle is not going to like cleaning bird poop off of my car.
3. I had a rough night Wednesday with Cooper and his messed up sleep habits and was grumpy yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about things I had to get done before this weekend and was minimally productive. So I took an impromptu half day and ran errands. This included going to Party City to check out ideas for Cooper's birthday party. LOVE these lanterns! Too bad I forgot my coupon.
4. Speaking of Cooper's party...I just created a countdown on my phone until the party and it is only 64 days! Eek! I better get to work!
5. My biggest errand yesterday was finding a white shirt to wear to my maternity pictures tomorrow. I thought I had it figured out last week but when I went to the store they no longer had my size. I checked two others and still no luck. I checked online and sold out there too. I settled for another shirt that will work just fine. Now I hope my pictures don't get rained out.
6. Yesterday we let Cooper play with bath crayons. He had a great time drawing all over the tub.
Then we gave him a wash cloth and he quickly set to work on cleaning up.
7. This weekend the girls on Kyle's side of the family are going to see Wicked and I am so excited. I have never seen it before but have heard great things.
8. As I mentioned above Cooper's sleeping habits have been so screwed up lately. It started 3-4 weeks ago when he was teething and we thought he had an ear infection. He would wake up screaming. Then we thought it was nightmares because he seemed very disoriented. Then he slept through the night fine, but fought us on going to sleep. For more than a year Cooper has been the type that we just lay him in bed and he put himself to sleep, but suddenly that wasn't the case. He would lay there like he wasn't tired and sometimes cry for us.
Then we went on our trip to Oklahoma and he got to sleep in the same bed as his Mimi. I do not think it is the reason for our issues because as you can tell we were already having issues. Since we got back every night he would scream and cry. It was taking about 2 hours to finally get him to sleep.
Yesterday I decided it was time to try the big boy bed. If we are already having issues in the crib why transition once and then again in a few months. Instead of buying bed rails I bought pool noodles for $1 each at dollar tree (idea from Pinterest) and put those under the blankets.
I laid with him for about 40 minutes and though we laid there he didn't seem tired. He spent the majority of the time giving me kisses (such a sweet suck up!), pointing out my facial features, and getting super close to my face and just staring at me. Then Kyle offered to give it a try and with in 20 minutes they were both asleep!
I eventually went in and got Kyle up because he was passed out (we were all tired from the lack of sleep lately).
Cooper slept in the bed all night without a single peep!!
And most importantly...he didn't fall out of the bed.
As soon as I went in to check on him this morning he popped right up. And then checked the clock which totally made me laugh!
Big Boy Bed Night #1 was a success! I hope night #2 goes this well!
9. I love my blog and I LOVE getting comments!! If you stalk my blog I encourage you to introduce yourself and leave comments! If you are one that comments, please read this blog post so that I can reply to your comments. I always want to write back but often can't based on your blogger settings.
10. And finally I will leave you with a conversation between my two favorite boys
Kyle: Eww you have boogers! Do you want me to get your boogers?
Cooper: No, no boogers.
Kyle: You can come to my birthday party.
Cooper: No!
Kyle: Do you like your boogers?
Cooper: I like my boogers.
These boys always keep my laughing and smiling. I can't wait to add another one to the mix!
The other day Kyle told Cooper "When Casen gets here we are going to gang up on mommy. We are going to hold her down and tickle her."
I am in for some great times ahead!!










1 comment:
I love your randoms posts. My mind is always racing with all kids of miscellaneous thoughts and your randoms posts make me feel like I'm not the only one!
Thanks also for the tip on replying to comments. I just changed my settings. I also love replying, but reply to the actual comment. It makes much more sense to reply to the email notification! Will be doing it that way for now and now the bloggers I follow can respond to me the same way!
Post a Comment