Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Weekend Recap

For Easter Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle David got Cooper a tee ball set.  So Friday night we went to dinner and then they came over to play tee ball.


He preferred playing defense over offense and chased the balls all around the yard.

When he did hit the ball he wanted to use the handle of the bat...we have some practicing to do.



Friday when hung around the house while Kyle and my FIL stained our fence.  The weather was finally nice enough with minimal wind to get it done.  It looks great!

Cooper tried out his tricycle that he got for Christmas but his legs still aren't quite long enough.  But he already knows what to do and talks about his tricycle every time we go in the garage.


Cooper couldn't stand not being outside with his daddy and grandpa.  He kept yelling Grandpa.  He was thrilled to pack his back and go home with Grandpa for the afternoon. He had no problem leaving us!


Kyle and I headed to meet with our builder and make our color selection.  We thought we had two options that we both liked but we then found out that our future neighbor already picked one of the options for their house that is about to start.  And the other option is two over from us plus in the works for 3 other houses in our neighborhood (and as of now our neighborhood isn't very big). 



After making all of our selections we looked at a couple more houses in person and really love this one. So this will be the brick and stone of our house, but different design/elevation.


By the time we left it was too late to eat lunch so we stopped at a gas station for a snack.  I saw these and my heart skipped a beat! I love Flamin hot chips (crunchy cheetos, puffy cheetos, funyuns, and fritos) but these are hard to find.  They only had one bag otherwise I would have bought more.  I texted this picture to my sister Melisa who shares my love for flamin hot anything and she was jealous. Now I can't stop thinking about them.  I ate a lot of flamin hot stuff when I was pregnant with Cooper.  See here. And when we saw these Kyle remembered that when pregnant with Cooper I looked these up online to figure out which gas stations had them and hunted them down!  Might have to do that again....

That evening we went to La Hacienda Ranch for dinner with Kyle's family.  I had never eaten there but thought my food was delicious.  The cutey was a bit antsy during dinner but loved going outside and riding the neigh neighs! He rode them at least 5 times thanks to Grandpa!

Sunday morning we went to Ennis to spend time with my family.



Cooper got to go to the ranch with Grandaddy and Daddy. Unfortunately he wanted to get down and play but they were afraid he would get chiggers.  He did get to see some raccoons that my dad caught in a trap.


That afternoon we went to my Granny and Papa's to play games and visit.  Cooper wanted to be outside and enjoyed the weather.  Before we left Papa took Cooper to see the cows.  My Papa walks a little slow so you could see that Cooper watched each step he took and slowed down with him.  It was so sweet.


Cooper enjoyed the visit so much and cried when we left.  I think he would have been fine staying with them and letting us go home.


We had a wonderful weekend with family and we are looking forward to another fun weekend coming up!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity