Friday, July 26, 2013

5 on Friday

 
I am linking up with 5 on Friday.
 
1. Today we are officially starting potty training with Cooper.  He has been going sporadically for several months now.  Lately day-care has really been working with him and he is been doing great. He would go 5 or 6 times and keep a dry diaper most days. Poo poo is another story, but one step at a time. My mom is here to help me today since I also have a 7 week old that needs attention and to be nursed.

2. Yesterday we were supposed to celebrate Kyle's great-grandmother's 102 birthday. I am so disappointed we couldn't make it because of my procedure. We will have to visit her soon because she hasn't met Casen yet and we want pictures of the 5 generations.

3. I did have my procedure yesterday.  It was supposed to be at 1, but was delayed and I didn't get released until after 5.  I am still sore and in some mild pain but things are so much better.

I am so thankful for all of those who stepped in and took care of me and my kiddos. My sister Melisa watched Casen while I went to several appointments (while watching her own two kiddos). My dad sat at the ER with us and something about having my daddy there made me want to burst into tears. I really appreciated having him there.  Aunt Jen Jen watched the boys while we went to the ER until my in-laws relieved her.  Then my parents came up and took care of the boys during and after my procedure.  It was much easier going through this knowing that my boys were taken care of.


This is the mark just above my hip. I was told the area was impacted with sound waves nearly 3000 times.  Like hitting the area with a large rubber band over and over. Luckily I was knocked out for that.

4. I am craving the Southwest Grilled Chicken salad from Red Robin. I haven't eaten there in a while but it sounds so yummy!

5. DFW Restaurant Week is coming up and it is a wonderful time to eat yummy food for a great price and support great causes.  Tarrant and Denton county restaurants support the Lena Pope Home which my college friend Katherine works for.  I believe Dallas county supports their food bank, but don't quote me on that.  Check out www.DFWRestaurantWeek.com to see how it works and what restaurants you might want to try.  Despite going there before Kyle and I are considering going to Del Frisco's Steakhouse because it is sooo yummy!


Happy Friday!

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity