Friday, February 24, 2012

Easter Baskets

I am starting to think about an Easter basket for Cooper and would love your opinion!

For some kids they use different baskets each year or maybe a new one after a couple of years.  There is no emotional attachment to them.  However I used the same Easter basket every year and there is some sentimental value to it now. 

I am trying to decide what to do for Cooper. 

These are the things I am considering:
  • Size- if too big for when he is little or if too small won't want to carry it later
  • Age Appropriate- if to childish looking he won't want to use when he gets older
  • Stylish- some of the ones below may only be cute for one year and then not 'cool' anymore
  • Color- a color that he would want to carry as he gets older.
  • Gender- not to feminine
  • More kids- I like the idea of having coordinating ones for all of my kids but obviously I only have one for now and am unsure if what I get for Cooper will still be available then.
I know many of you are thinking "WOW! Seriously you are putting way too much thought into this!"  And you know what?  I probably am, but this is me and you shouldn't be surprised!

These are pics I have taken over the past couple of weeks that I thought I would share with you!  Some of them I have already decided against, but thought some others might appreciate me sharing them.  Plus I would love your opinion on which one you think is best!

This is a metal pale from Hobby Lobby however you can order personalized ones off of Etsy similar to Cooper's Halloween bucket here.  I don't think it is traditional enough for me.


Plush Easter baskets. Eh.

These remind me more of Halloween buckets, but thought the cowboy option was cute.


I like this green basket with white liner.  They also have two different size options.

More of the plush options at Hobby Lobby

I love this little blue basket but it is small so Cooper will probably only like it the first year or two when he doesn't know any better.


These are more traditional and boring! Ha!

These are all from Etsy pages....

I like the ides that these are easier to store than hard baskets!

These are cute but a little feminine looking to me.  Even in the blue and green.

I like this but not sure how Cooper would feel as he gets older.

I like these!  Somehow the brown basket makes it a little more masculine.

I like these colored baskets and like the idea of it personalized like the second picture but would probably pick a different fabric.

Then if Cooper gets older and doesn't like the fabric liner it can always be removed.


 
Ok!  Now that I have given way too many options and really over analyzed this whole thing....
What do you think?

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm no help because I am having the same dilemma. I didn't use the same basket year after year, but I'd like Mac to have one basket to use throughout the years.

I don't think you're over thinking it. We just want things to be perfect just like our boys!

fisher said...

We are doing a family Easter basket with candy and then a small basket for easter egg hunts.

other thought was to pass down your basket to him.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity