Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Randoms- mostly about food

Last Sunday we went by our lot and the plumbing was complete.  Today they are pouring the foundation!!  Things are starting to progress quickly and I know it will only get faster!  I am so excited!
 
 
I contacted Casen's ENT and the doctor wants to see us next Thursday before we schedule the ABR.  I am worried it will just be an appointment that says 'yep, we need to schedule an ABR' but I asked the nurse to double check with the doctor if the appointment was necessary and he said yes.  I definitely want to do whatever is necessary for Casen, but I also want to minimize appointments and my time off from work.
 
 
Last night I made my homemade chocolate sheet cake recipe from my Granny.  I LOVE this cake and used to make it pretty often for work and parties.  I haven't made it in a couple of years so I decided to make one for our American Heart Association baked good silent auction at work.  It smelled so good out of the oven.
 
 
Above is the finished product with icing.  I am really tempted to just buy it back myself!
 
I can tell that I have been watching my food choices lately because for the past week I can't stop thinking about/obsessing over food. I feel like I am on the verge of a food binge.
 
My first obsession are these delicious rolls that I tried last Sunday at my mom's house.  Seriously they are amazing and Kyle and I couldn't stop eating them.  They remind me of a softer version of the Chickfila chicken mini rolls.  I obsessed so much that I couldn't stop talking about them and then my mom finally dug the package out of the trash so I could make sure which ones they were. 
 
I saw them at the grocery store on Monday and had to force myself to keep walking.  I told myself that I can only buy them if we have guests over for dinner (David and Jen, we will be inviting you soon as an excuse to eat these!!) or if we are going somewhere (I will be taking them to Thanksgiving!)
 
(picture form Sister Schubert's website)
 
The next food I can't stop thinking about is Blue Bell's new Malt Shoppe ice cream.  I have not tried it but I heard a commercial on the radio this week about it and since then I can't get it off of my mind.  I plan to make a trip to the grocery store tonight so that Kyle and I can try it.
 
Speaking of tonight, we are having a little date night.  Mimi and Grandpa are joining the boys at school for the Grandparents' Day Ice Cream party and then taking them home for a slumber party.  I am pretty sure Kyle and I will eat Mexican food and then just relax in front of the TV with some ice cream.
 
(picture from Blue Bell website)
 
And the next thing that I can't stop thinking about is this popcorn.  When we were at the grocery store on Sunday Kyle wanted to buy some popcorn.  I saw this flavor and just had to buy it (Kyle got Xtreme Butter or something).  I haven't tried it yet and would like to try it tonight but I don't think I can do Mexican food, ice cream, and popcorn...or maybe I can.  Maybe I will save the popcorn for Saturday night.

(picture from Act II website)

I told you this post was mostly about food.
 
I really need to do an update about my running, new shoes, weight loss and smoothie recipe.  I update my Facebook with my runs so I don't always think to do it on here, but I will try to do a post next week.
 
I hope I made you all as hungry as I am right now.  And I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!
 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

We tried the Malt Shoppe ice cream this week and it was just okay. The chocolate ice cream part is good, but the malt balls go to be too much for me.

The Minears said...

You've had those rolls before, I buy them all the time when I'm in Texas! In fact, the ones y'all ate are probably left from the last time I was there!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Sister Schubert has the best rolls ever!!!! I only have them at thanksgiving, but they are delicious!! I haven't seen the malt ball ice cream, but it sounds fab! I'll have to try it!

Nicole said...

We eat Sister Shubert's with dinner all the time. Cliff's stepmom introduced us to them, they are now a staple in our house.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity