Yesterday was our 7th wedding anniversary. If you want to see some pictures from our wedding day click here.
We discussed our anniversary briefly on Sunday because we got a card from Kyle's parents. Let's just say if that card hadn't shown up someone would have forgotten about our anniversary and it wasn't me.
Monday morning was just another day and it wasn't until I got to work that I stopped to say happy anniversary and I love you to my husband.
I got a phone call at 11 that Casen was running a fever and had to be picked up. I raced out of the office and it wasn't until I was almost to day-care that I realized I had no way to get into our house. I called my MIL and asked to hangout at their house, but realized I didn't have diapers, wipes, Tylenol, a sippy cup, change of clothes....
So I called Kyle and told him I was coming up to his work to get the garage door opener. Unfortunately because of his company he had to waste an hour of vacation to meet me for 5 minutes! Sucks!
When we finally got home I fed Casen and put him down for a nap. I did some work from home and watched some of the Twilight movies that I had DVR'd over the weekend. I did get to hangout with this sweet boy while Casen napped.
Our anniversary is also Ranger's birthday. I can't believe he is already 8 years old!
Casen woke up from nap feeling crummy still, but another dose of medicine and he was fine the rest of the evening.
Kyle and I made Bacon Penne Pasta for dinner because it is a family favorite. Making the meal is time sensitive because you need to melt the cheese with the hot noodles. Kyle went to pour the heavy whipping cream in and it was solid! We had just bought it the day so no clue why it was solid. Kyle ran to Aldi close by to get more (we don't ever shop there but it is super close) and he came back empty handed. We ended up modifying the recipe and...IT SUCKED! The noodles ended up soggy and it just wasn't good. We were so disappointed.
After we put the boys to bed I went for a run. I have decided to up my goal to 2.25 for the next two weeks. Despite the disappointing evening the weather was gorgeous and I had a great run.
When I got back from my run I went and got milkshakes for Kyle and I and we watched a new episode of Big Bang Theory before heading to bed.
It was just one of those days that was off and disappointing.
The good news is that Casen slept all night and is fever free this morning. Kyle stayed home with him and will take him to day-care later.







1 comment:
Would you post the Bacon Penne Pasta recipe? It sounds like something we would like, especially with cheese and heavy whipping cream!
Post a Comment